Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Recently Played section not updating anymore

Hi team,

For any reason, the Mac Desktop "Recently Played" section doesn't get refreshed.

The one of the web player of the iOS app works perfectly.

I already did a clean reinstallation of the desktop app and the issue occurs whatever other laptop I use.

(see attached screenshots)

Any idea?

desktop 1.png
desktop 2.png
Image.png

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate you bearing with us while our teams are working on this!

We don't have any more info to pass on for now but rest assured that we'll share any updates here in this thread once we have them.

In the meanwhile, we'd recommend making sure that the app is up to speed with the latest version available so you won't miss any improvements and fixes coming your way.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
Anyone? 🙂

This has been an ongoing problem and Spotify continues to ignore it. Some people's Recently Played Artists section hasn't updated in more than a month. The mods continue to ignore most complaints, too. Paying customers don't deserve explanations, I guess, and should just put up with a glaring error that interferes with the platform's purpose. 

The "fun" fact is that only the Desktop app home page seems frozen.
On section "Recently played" from the left menu seems accurate and updated live.

spotify1.png
spotify2.png
IMG_25762504C83D-1.jpg
Peter
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

sfghoijgdf

Same problem here, no issues on my phone but my desktop app has had the same albums on the top of the home screen for at least 3 weeks now. Couple this with the confusing decision that removed our option to clear the recently played list (I think that was just last year?) - not to mention the fact that the album on the top is a tv soundtrack that I only played to indulge a friend I was giving a ride to, not anything I plan on ever listening to again - and we end up with a pretty frustrating scenario. Best fix would be to give us back the option to clear Recently Played, then it wouldn't matter much if it gets stuck.

Unfortunately, my recently played hasn’t updated in over 2 months now. I’ve tried all the basic troubleshooting on here (uninstalling the app, switching my password, toggling between the private listening sessions, etc) with no success at all. I’m ready to cancel my premium account over this!!! The only thing I can think of was I deactivated Facebook for a while and think that may have something to do with it. I’m not even able to log back in with Facebook now. Please help!!! I’d hate to cancel a 7 year paid subscription with Spotify over something that seems so simple to fix!!

wreckoning90125

Wanted to point out that this is an issue for the Windows client also.

Loxer

Same issue! I've had it for many many months already!

mintleafrei

Why is this still an issue? My phone and webapp have been fine with my recently played history. My desktop has been frozen for months after reinstalls and logouts I still have the same one stupid album on my front page.

Ivan

Hey there @mintleafrei,

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

If you still can't see your Recently Played tab properly updating on the Spotify desktop app we'll need you to provide us with some more details so we can pass them on to the right folks investigating the issue. Make sure you give us the following info:

• Make and model of the affected device
  • Device OS
  • Exact Spotify version installed
  • Any troubleshooting steps you tried 

Once we've collected the above details we'll be able to take a closer look and get back to you. 

We'll look out for your reply!