Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Recently Played section not updating anymore

Hi team,

For any reason, the Mac Desktop "Recently Played" section doesn't get refreshed.

The one of the web player of the iOS app works perfectly.

I already did a clean reinstallation of the desktop app and the issue occurs whatever other laptop I use.

(see attached screenshots)

Any idea?

desktop 1.png
desktop 2.png
Image.png

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate you bearing with us while our teams are working on this!

We don't have any more info to pass on for now but rest assured that we'll share any updates here in this thread once we have them.

In the meanwhile, we'd recommend making sure that the app is up to speed with the latest version available so you won't miss any improvements and fixes coming your way.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
r0flm4k3r

just wondering, is there really no plan to fix this issue? i mean, taking years to fix a known bug...

ben111111111111

mine home page doesnt update for months 🙂

zeroxxx

It's 2021 and no fix. Hire a better programmer man.

zachwood

Here's a solution for MacOS users:

You can force your way into the new redesign by adding this line into  your prefs file found in /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Spotify/prefs

ui.experience_override="xpui"

tommy_chillfige

^ nice that worked, thanks

nvande

I canceled my Spotify premium a few weeks back. Switched to Deezer.

Deezer isn't necessarily the greatest but at least they're not treating their customers like total flipping jerks.

If anyone else has been bothered by this issue for a number of months and is sick of waiting, just cancel. Companies like Spotify will continue to ignore complaints if people don't cancel their subscriptions when issues don't get fixed within a reasonable timeframe.

Pubdev

Glad to see this is being reported. To add more details (or at least I didn't see this reported so far):

Recently Played is no longer of list of literally the last things you played, whether a playlist, an album or a song. Its only a filter option in Your Library. And it only remembers playlists that you have favorited or created yourself. So if you tried something new recently and you didn't favorite it (click the heart), then it doesn't appear in Playlists>Recently Played.

Theres basically no longer a Recently Played section in Your Library. Theres a  Playlist section, which can be filtered by recently played, but theres no section for actual recently played music.

This is either a significant oversight or a terrible decision to remove Recently Played. I use that section more than any other feature of Spotify and it looks like thats true for a lot of people. I hope this is the top priority in on the fix list.

smbkr

I've had this problem for over a year. Even with the redesign, it doesn't work correctly.

pizzicatoiv

I thought this might be fixed with the re-design but the issue is still there. For me, the issue is on the web player, windows, and mac. Mobile works correctly, please discuss between your teams.

SeHN

A message to all the users on this thread, this is an issue from 2017
All the moderators and support team member on this forum telling you "we are aware of this issue and are working on a fix" are lying to you. They aren't working on a fix, the support team is just repeating what the software devs tell them, like parrots. 

Your recently played will always be broken and bugged, switch to Tidal or opt to exclusively use the Spotify web player. Some have also reported that the phone app updates the playlist (this hasn't worked for me though), these are the only known and somewhat working fixes for this ongoing issue. 

I hope you have a pleasant day knowing Spotify does not care.