Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Desktop] Recently played songs show the Spotify UR

Hey everyone!

We've had some reports that the Recently played songs show the Spotify URI instead of the song title when the song is played from "Search".

This is being currently investigated by the right team.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
bmkmqi6kd5drerrhga8u

Plan

Free

Country

Sri Lanka

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

bmkmqi6kd5drerrhga8u_0-1645260841263.png

bmkmqi6kd5drerrhga8u_1-1645260923284.png

OscarDC

Hey @bmkmqi6kd5drerrhga8u,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate the time you’ve taken reporting this. To have a better look at the issue, would you mind sending us the URI of the albums or songs with wrong names?

We'll be on the lookout for your next response.

bmkmqi6kd5drerrhga8u
This problem occurs sometimes not always. But now I do not see the problem. But if it happens again I will send you URLs.
MafeG

Hi @bmkmqi6kd5drerrhga8u,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

That sounds like a good idea, if the issue happens again don't hesitate in sending us the URLs, so we can take a look at them.

We'll be on the lookout.

gui_rodrigues

Hello,

When I open Spotify in my PC and start playing a song, the song's name displays like a code in "Recently played" section, I don't know if this is a bug or just an error from the PC app.

Plan

Premium for Students

Country

Portugal

Device

Asus VivoBook Pro 15

Operating System

Windows 11 Home 21H2

Captura de ecrã 2022-02-23 154018.png
Sn0bzy

There may be a problem with the Spotify installation. Or there may be a problem with the program files. Have you tried reinstalling?

Kiril

Hey there @gui_rodrigues and @Sn0bzy,

Thank you for posting in the Community!

This looks unusual and we'd like you to share a bit more info with us if possible, as we weren't able to replicate it on our end. For example is this happening for all songs that go in that list, or it's just this particular one. If it's the later, then please share us the link to that content so we can take a closer look and give you a better advice.

If this happens for all of your "Recently played" titles, as @Sn0bzy mentioned correctly, a reinstall might come in handy here to see if it will shake things up for you. We can suggest you to perform a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Elena

Hi again @bmkmqi6kd5drerrhga8u,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We've taken a look at these URI's but we're not able to spot any issues from our end. To solve this, could you try clearing the Spotify cache from your device?

If this does not help, we'd advise you to remove the current Spotify app and install it again.
If your app had previously been installed via our website, please install it from the Microsoft Store and vice-versa 🙂

Let us know if you experience any difficulties.

Cheers!

gui_rodrigues

Hello,

Thank you for your answers :)! I reinstalled the app from your website and I'm listening to Spotify right now but the problem continues.

It happens for all songs that goes to the "Recently played" list but it doesn't happen for artists or albums.

Captura de ecrã 2022-02-23 154018.png