Announcements

[Desktop] Remove/Dislike song option missing for Release Radar

Hey folks,

We're seeing reports that some users are missing the remove/dislike this song option in their Release Radar playlist on desktop.

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

Since we haven't heard back from anyone regarding this and looking at the last information we've received that confirms the buttons are back, we're considering this has been resolved and marking it as fixed. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
awkwardpickle

Same issue:

Spotify for Windows (10)
1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e

Glad to hear it's a known issue and not another one of Spotify's moves to remove functionality 🙂

audriechristina

Hello! I just updated my Spotify Desktop App to the most current version, but this issue remains present. 

robigouk

it's the same for the Webplayer 😞 

Ver
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while this is being worked on.

We recommend that you keep your app up-to-date so you don't miss any fixes. 

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks again!

WhatWasThatRuck

I also just updated my desktop app and the dislike button is not there. It was there last week, but now it's gone and I hoped updating would help but the button is still missing.

toomtoom

Still an issue here too - particularly a problem as this last week and this week seems to have an even higher number than usual of random crappy artists being assigned to bands of the same name.

Tore

Yeah,  whats up with all these artist moochers? Hate them! 
Luckily I can remove them (1.1.67.586), so functionality seems a bit random...

nzmike

Spotify for Windows 1.1.70.610.g4585142b on 3 different Windows 10 Pro x64 PCs and not one of them allows me to remove or hide a song or an artist *anywhere* in the app or the web browser. I just did a clean install on a brand new laptop that has never had Spotify on it in any form and yep, yet again, these options are gone or just not showing.

So why can this be done on the app on my Android 9.1 phone and on my iPad (with latest OS) but not on my windows app or the web browser version?????

Please, please, please Spotify, why is this soooooooo hard to fix?  If I can like or add an artist why can't I do the reverse?  This is *MY* prerogative as a paying customer! I also use other services and while I like Spotify the best if this is not fixed pretty damned soon I'm going to cancel my Premium sub because I'm *SICK* of seeing artists that I hate on my daily picks and DW lists and am not able to remove them.

NatSparky

This issue is still present in the web player. It's incredibly annoying and extremely non-user-friendly that I have to open up Spotify on my phone, find the exact playlist I'm listening to or search the song that I want to hide, then hide it from there.

Even then, the web player doesn't immediately update my preference and it could take a few days before that song is actually skipped over.

Come on, guys. How can you guys be so willfully incompetent at this point? It's so unfriendly to your customers.

NRLJER

I’m a member paying my monthly dues and I still get commercials. What can I do? I’m Leary of shutting Spotify down for fear of loosing all my playlists and downloads. I have an Apple iPhone 8

Also, recently was out in Eastern Oregon. Tried to access my downloaded content and unable to do so. Why?