[Desktop] Scroll position not saved when navigating through pages

Hey folks,  

We're receiving reports from users that navigating back and forth through the desktop app no longer returns them to the point on the page they were previously on. If they're halfway down a page and try navigating forward a page, returning to the previous page will put them to the top of the page instead of the point they were at. 

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up-to-speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hey folks,

We wanted to let you know that the team has been working on this.

Could you please update your Spotify app and let us know how the behavior is after version 1.1.62? We're specifically interested to know how this works for items from your collection and playlists vs. other areas on the app.

Thanks! 

Comments
tampafaz
Visitor

I save a lot of albums and I often will go back and look through an artist's entire discography. Every time I leave a screen and go back it places me at the very top of the page. Let's say I've sorted my albums by "recently added" (which by the way you should be able to easily flip the order from newest at the top to oldest but alas you can not) and I click on something from the very bottom of the page, when I go back I'm now back at the very top of the page and need to scroll all the way back down to where I was. This is extra frustrating with the recent update that only loads a handful of albums at a time so that it takes a minute or two to get all the way back down to the bottom of my albums. The older desktop versions would take you back to where you were last on the page, please bring that back.

Brian
Roadie

Please fix this. I can't share the version I'm using since this bug and the removal of cut/paste made it impossible for me to use the current version.

egjuli
Visitor

You really NEED TO FIX THIS. It makes the user experience awful.

fixthescroll

It has gotten to the point where anytime I just HAPPEN UPON something I THINK I MIGHT want to listen to anytime soon, I have to unstar the album, REstar the album, and sort my albums by recently added so I can sorta-kinda get to stuff without having a blood-boiling experience. That is the best workaround I've found, and let me tell you, that's a terrible experience that's very limiting and that I'm super **bleep** to be paying for, and will not be for much longer. Also, hard to believe you were asked about this AGAIN a week or more ago and are simply ignoring the question. Does the Spotify team not use Spotify? Because if you did, this would surely be driving you crazy too, and it would've been fixed a long time ago. It is so f!*$%#($%(& maddening, grr.

fixthescroll

Just installed the most recent update. Holy moly, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Supreme_God
Casual Listener

i appreciate the work that has been done by the spotify team to resolve this issue but the same negligence that let this happen in the first place didn't correctly resolve the matter. The artist pages and searching through discrography are still the same even with todays update. And because the marketing team don't relay to artists how albums should be catalog there are some atrocious pages destroyed by re-releases remasters and post humous compliations, see Bob Dylan, Myles Davis or The Fall to name a few off my head.

spv99

What version fixed this? I'm on 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a, with the bug still evident, and my app has not yet detected any available updates.

arolekaro
Casual Listener

Spotify Desktop 1.1.61.583.gad060c66-a

MacOS 10.14.6

United States

I'm also not seeing this fixed.

Since 2 or 3 updates ago the page position was saved but only when using backward and forward page buttons (or Cmd+option+left arrow / Cmd+option+right arrow). In the old version of the desktop app position was saved in all playlists even when navigating back to them by selecting the playlist in the sidebar.

jesseseetai

Spotify Desktop 1.1.61.583.gad060c66-a

MacOS 10.14.6

USA

This is still not fixed for me either.

sayjustwords

1.1.61.583.gad060c66-a

windows 7 desktop

Australia

Working:

library > albums.

Broken:

- Browsing albums in Playlist folders

- Browsing albums on artist page;

- Podcasts

This is very frustrating. Borderline unuseable.

Related Issues