Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop App - Back button doesn't remember position in playlist

Hey folks,

We've received some reports mentioning that after the recent update, the back button on Windows Desktop app doesn't remember position in playlist.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
datsunlaurel

Amazing! You really manage to make the Desktop App even worse than it already is. It's mind-boggling. I've been pleading with you numerous times to reinstate the functionality that made the app remember the position we last scrolled to in a playlist when we click on the individual playlists. This used to work for years in the old app, how can it be a problem to make it work in the current app??? So far this only worked in the new app when you used the back/forward arrow. Since the latest update even this is not working anymore. I scroll to position 2500 in my list of 6000 songs, then I click on an album, I click the back arrow - and I'm back at the top of the list. Yippie! Scrolling down to position 2500 again. This is fun! Except that it isn't. PLEASE fix at least this for the next update

Just did some more testing, and apparently it still works for short playlists, probably up to 200 songs. Which obviously makes zero sense, because this function is a huge help for long playlists, not for short ones, duh.

questions00

When navigating between albums of tracks in a playlist, the playlist display always jumps back to the beginning of the playlist. Bug has occurred since Spotify for Windows (64 Bit) 1.2.17.834.g26ee1129.

Plan

Premium

Country

German

Device

x86

Operating System

Windows 10 x64

Issue: When navigating between albums of tracks in a playlist, the playlist display always jumps back to the beginning of the playlist. Bug has occurred since Spotify for Windows (64 Bit) 1.2.17.834.g26ee1129.

dksmanbda

This recent update is annoying for me as I often go through playlists and decide to check out the artist or album of the song I'm listening to, therefore playing something that is outside the playlist. With this change I can no longer click back and continue listening through long playlists.
If I navigate away from the playlist, but don't start listening to things outside it, clicking on the album cover in the bottom left corner still will take me back to my position in the playlist, but that's obviously not an option when I have.

Bubbahyde

this very thing happened to me 2 days ago and i made the mistake of going to chat support. 2 uninstalls and reinstalls later and the problem was still there. add to that the person i was talking too kept saying 'playback' when i said 'playlist'. it sad when tech support is send overseas to a country where english is a 3rd language. here is hoping there's a fix soon.

for what its worth my playlist was over 250 songs and i added a couple more and then noticed it.

dothestrand

Yes, *please* sort this out asap. I have a lot of very long playlists and this is infuriating, especially since the search function is also hit and miss since the latest update.

WilliamJordan

I have a problem when returning to a previous page after going down a particular artist's rabbit hole.   

Often I'll find another artist's song I like and put it on a playlist I'm working on.  I then go to the "previous" page arrow and return to where I was on the previous page, (the source page if you will). 

Now, after an update for Spotify, it doesn't return to the previous spot I was at but instead returns to the BEGINNING of previous (source) page. 

For instance, I may have been at an artist who's song was at #374 on the source playlist I was listening to, but now it just goes back to the #1 song of that (source) page. 

It is very frustrating. I often have glitches with Spotify that can be fixed by rebooting but that doesnt fix this problem. 

I imagine it is in the coding somewhere....anyone have any suggestions?

MihailY

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Can you please let us know the device model, OS version and Spotify version of the affected devices (if you haven't already), so we can investigate further?

Cheers,

dksmanbda

I am on Windows 10 using Spotify for Windows (64 Bit) 1.2.17.834.g26ee1129.
I just noticed today that playlist position will also be lost if you chose to view song lyrics. Clicking the lyrics button to view lyrics and then clicking it again to close the lyrics will lose your position.

tmolvik

Same for me. Windows 10; Spotify for Windows (64-biters)
1.2.17.834.g26ee1129. This is insanely annoying and just comes on top of all other "improvements" that the desktop app has been through recent years. Can you please confirm that this is a bug and not a deliberate change?

whednesday

iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, 2019

Ventura 13.4.1

Spotify for macOS (Intel)
1.2.17.834.g26ee1129

Please fix this asap. I can't use most of my library or the Spotify playlists without preserved scroll position