Premium - Family

Country

UK

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro, all updates

My Question or Issue

Hi all,

This is an interesting problem I've managed to isolate over multiple months

If I have Gimp open, I cannot launch / open Spotify. Seemingly the process just never starts. The minute the gimp process is not running, Spotify will then open fine.

Although if I open Spotify before I open Gimp, it works perfectly fine with no issue.

I use the Spotify windows store app

I have used Gimp versions 2.10.14 and 2.8.22, it happens with both.

This is more of an annoying inconvenience, but would love to know if it's just me, or something I'm missing

Edit & Solution:

The actual fix has been applied for GIMP - from version 2.10.24 has the fix applied - Update GIMP and you will be okay.

Editing here for those who may find this in the future

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
spence2

I have the same issue

Elena
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Elena
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!