Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Spotify not displaying liked songs in Daily Mix correctly

Plan:

Premium

Germany

Device:

Macbook Pro early 2015)

Operating System:

Mojave 10.14.6

My Question or Issue:

I have posted this Issue before but It vanished for some reason...

In you Daily Mix, the list just randomly displays a song as liked or not liked no matter if you actually clicked on the heart before or not.

Most of the time the hearts in the list view don't show the correct state while the heart in the bottom left does. I did see it happen the other way around but do not have a screenshot of it (yet).

In this case the song "Dream Sipping" has a heart next to it eventhough I have not added it to my favorites:wrong-in-list.png

Now the next Song in the List (Pretty Things) has the exact opposite happen to it (appears not liked in list but actually liked wich is correctly shown on the bottom left):wrong-in-list_2.png

But for some songs everything works fine:correct.png

Here I have marked all songs that are not displayed correctly (it appears to be random):correct Kopie.png

When you actually click on the heart for a song that isn't displayed correctly spotify does the action you would expect: For songs that appear as liked it 'removes' them from your favorites even if they never where in your favorites in the first place. For songs that appear as not liked but are actually liked it moves them to the top of your favorites as if you just added them.

I can reproduce this bug about 50% of the time by doing this:

-Go into a Daily mix

-play a song from the list

-play a song from the bottom four or five songs (were the songs fade away)

-repeat last step until Spotify does some wacky scrolling and everything becoming jumbled up.

Hey folks,

We haven't heard from you in a while!

We have tried reproducing this issue on the latest desktop version of the app - we can confirm that this is no longer an issue. With this in mind, we're going to mark this issue as 'Fixed'.

Make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app and make sure you're on the latest version of the app.

Thanks guys!

Comments
Katerina

Hey there @clcmbtn and @juanse,

We really appreciate taking the time to report this here in the Community!

However, keep in mind that this sounds like a different issue to the one reported in this Ongoing Issue. With this in mind, it'd be a good idea heading over to the related Help Board and starting a new thread about this there, along with all the relevant information. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have any questions! Thanks again 🙂

Peter
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

We haven't heard from you in a while!

We have tried reproducing this issue on the latest desktop version of the app - we can confirm that this is no longer an issue. With this in mind, we're going to mark this issue as 'Fixed'.

Make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app and make sure you're on the latest version of the app.

Thanks guys!

Chrysaloid

I have the same issue.

In daily mix song appears as not liked.

Chrysaloid_0-1687201935942.png

But as you can see it is listed on my favourites page and when I play it from there the heart in bottom left correctly indicates that the song is liked.

Chrysaloid_1-1687202159732.png

But it is only one way - I see liked songs that appear as not liked, but I don't see not liked songs that appear as liked.

I'm on Windows 10 running desktop app on version:

Spotify for Windows (32 bit)
1.2.13.661.ga588f749