[Desktop] Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Follow-up thread for https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-s-taskbar-icon-on-the-wrong-monitor-every-s... because it's an annoying issue and still unfixed

Plan

Premium

Country

DE

Device

Windows Desktop x64 with MULTI MONITOR setup

Operating System

Windows 10 (1909) x64

My Question or Issue

1. Open Spotify and close it on the second monitor.

2. Open Spotify again. The icon will be on the primary monitor, but the window will be on the secondary monitor.

See the linked thread: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-s-taskbar-icon-on-the-wrong-monitor-every-s...

I created this follow-up thread because replies to the first were blocked and since the first bugreport the problem is still unfixed (it's over one year now!)

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
Visitor

Keep in mind this issue happens on multiple monitors mean more than just dual monitors. I have three monitors and this issue has persisted for over two years now. This is not an isolated issue either. Everyone on Windows who uses multiple monitors has this issue. I've replicated this on at least 5 different computers with multiple monitors.

I just hope this issue is truly under investigation meaning someone is actually looking into the bug and will fix it. Please don't wait until you have 100 or 1000 votes before doing anything. You can already see how many people have posted in multiple threads because nothing has been done about it. We, the paying customers, have been given a runaround so far by Spotify. There is a clear breakdown between customers reporting bugs and them actually being addressed by Spotify.

Regular

Important info for the developers (this bears repeating):
Right after an update the taskbar icon is on the correct screen. But restart Spotify and the problem is back. This is important when you try reproducing the problem. 

This is happening to me when the below is set in the taskbar settings:
Screenshot_2.png
I didn't see this mentioned in the thread (maybe it's there but I'm just bad a reading). It should be a simple fix as I do not get this bug with any other program and I've had taskbar configured this way for years.

I don't understand why a vote is necessary.   Windows specifically has a setting so that icons will display on the respective monitor the app window is located on.  The fact that Spotify doesn't adhere to this setting means it broken.  It should just be fixed.  Now that i'm working from home, this is more apparent and really should have been addressed a year ago.

Casual Listener

This affects me as well.

Why do technical bugs need voting on?

Same issue here. Thought it was just me and I'm glad to see it's not. Spotify is the only app to do this. Really disappointing and frustrating, especially since this has persisted for years without a fix...

Spotify, how many years do you need to fix such a simple and so annoying bug?

At least you know how to get your monthly money and offer poor service.

@imbeql1because if only 50 people are bothered about this, they would not care. But they would bother for 500, maybe. Disgusting attitude.

Hey there @greentrancer@aznddrghkid and @imbeql1,

We really appreciate you adding this here!

Rest assured that the right teams are still looking into this. As soon as we have any updates to pass on, we'll share them in this Ongoing Issue report.

On another note, @Sheritron shared above a screenshot of the Windows settings regarding where to show the taskbar buttons on. Just to confirm, do you have this setting correctly set when this happens?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

Regular

@Katerina yes, I dare to say we all have "Taskbar where windows is open" selected. That is what makes all other programs taskbar buttons show on the correct screen. 

@Katerina  Yes, I have the  "Taskbar where windows is open" configured appropriately. Spotify is the only program I have this issue with. Looking forward to a fix. Thanks.