[Desktop] Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Follow-up thread for https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-s-taskbar-icon-on-the-wrong-monitor-every-s... because it's an annoying issue and still unfixed

Plan

Premium

Country

DE

Device

Windows Desktop x64 with MULTI MONITOR setup

Operating System

Windows 10 (1909) x64

My Question or Issue

1. Open Spotify and close it on the second monitor.

2. Open Spotify again. The icon will be on the primary monitor, but the window will be on the secondary monitor.

See the linked thread: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-s-taskbar-icon-on-the-wrong-monitor-every-s...

I created this follow-up thread because replies to the first were blocked and since the first bugreport the problem is still unfixed (it's over one year now!)

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Related Issues

Comments
Visitor

This issue is known to Spotify for a very long time. I hope they stop ignoring it soon.
Replying for more awareness of this annoyance. 

Music Fan

Still no answer from spotify. I really wonder if they have read this thread and just chosen to ignore it. What the heck?

Music Fan

Another silent week passed. Will we ever get an Update on this?

Music Fan

Hello,

it's me again. Just wanted to tell you that this bug is still unfixed.

kind regards!

Roadie
Thank you for checking in. I've DM'd Spotify Cares again and we'll see what happens.
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Roadie

Thank you, Peter. This recognition has been years coming. 

Can you confirm, Peter, whether Spotify is able to reproduce this bug internally? That is, do you need more troubleshooting information from users or you're asking for + VOTE's to gauge the bug's prevalence?

If you're looking for prevalence, please do see all the users who commented & liked comments on the thread you closed. 

Regarding troubleshooting, this bug 100% still exists today (April 7th, 2020) on this system:

• Two monitors, extended
  • Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 (18363.720)
  • Spotify Music 1.1.29.592.gf0779179 (Microsoft Store version)

Many users commenting and submitting bug reports pay a monthly subscription to Spotify—still, surely the user experience cannot be buggy for either Premium or Free users. 

The previous tactics to ignore / deny genuine bug reports is disappointing. We're over 700 days since reporting this bug. The world has changed in many ways, but I always can count on this bug to be here across Spotify updates and Windows updates.

Roadie

I can confirm this bug is still reproducing with today's Spotify Desktop update:

• Two monitors, extended
  • Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 (18363.720)
  • Spotify Music 1.1.30.658.gf13cde74 (Microsoft Store version)

Visitor

I experience this issue on every computer I own and on my office/work computer, its very frustrating and only happens to Spotify, no other app has this issue, so please don't palm it off as a Windows bug because it's not.

Roadie

Agreed. Is Spotify able to reproduce this bug internally yet?

Ideally, Spotify, you would post an update to the previously locked thread and redirect them here, to this "under investigation ticket".

Each week, I get notifications of users opening the old locked thread (presumably from Google) and liking my posts. But, those users probably have no idea that this official "investigation" has been opened here and could otherwise be present here.

Literally every week, new people hit this bug and resign themselves to giving up as Spotify closed the thread without a single fix. Give these people a leg up and redirect them to this thread. 

UFYx44z