Announcements
Hey! It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Check here for what to do if you're still having trouble.

[Desktop] Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Follow-up thread for https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-s-taskbar-icon-on-the-wrong-monitor-every-s... because it's an annoying issue and still unfixed

Plan

Premium

Country

DE

Device

Windows Desktop x64 with MULTI MONITOR setup

Operating System

Windows 10 (1909) x64

My Question or Issue

1. Open Spotify and close it on the second monitor.

2. Open Spotify again. The icon will be on the primary monitor, but the window will be on the secondary monitor.

See the linked thread: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-s-taskbar-icon-on-the-wrong-monitor-every-s...

I created this follow-up thread because replies to the first were blocked and since the first bugreport the problem is still unfixed (it's over one year now!)

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Visitor

the bug still

but you can use Windows + Arrow Key to fix that

Roadie

GREAT NEWS

This bug is FINALLY fixed on 1.1.44.538.g8057de92. I've got a confirmation email as well from the Executive Team.

It has been 890 DAYS, friends, brothers, sisters, comrades. Holy mackerel, we would hit 1000 days come 2021.

I can confirm on BOTH the Microsoft Store and the traditional x86 exe, the newest version is present on both and it's rolled out to at least my system here.

Gig Goer

That's great news! Thanks for the update. I won't be able to test it for myself until later this week but this is great to hear.

Music Fan

EUREKA!

Updated mine in the Microsoft Store and so far it's working! Restarted the app and Windows 10 a few times an so far it opens where it was and is on the correct taskbar. Will give it the rest of the week to see if it happens again.

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your patience so far!

As some of you have noticed, our tech teams have done their magic backstage to resolve this.

Could you take another look and let us know if everything looks alright for you? 

Keep in mind that you'll need to make sure you're on the latest version of the desktop app available.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks 🙂

Casual Listener

Thanks, it seems to be fixed for me

Windows 10 x64 1909, Spotify 1.1.44.538.g8057de92

Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Visitor

Thanks for the update. This is great news! I can confirm the bug is fixed on my devices. I use Spotify through the Microsoft Store.

Related Issues