Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Spotify won't resume after pause with bluetooth headphones

I'm unable to resume after i pause the music for a few minutes with my headphones over bluetooth.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app and all devices fully up-to-date.

Thanks!

Comments
ds1998

Same thing is happening to me when I use my bluetooth speaker. Cannot resume the playback. Spotify client says that "Can't play this song". Restarting the app or reconnecting to the bluetooth device solves the problem temporarily. Android phone has no problem playing the songs and other media content runs fine on the speaker. It seems to be a spotify client and bluetooth bug.

OS - MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

Spotify version - 1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5

Device - Macbook pro early 2015

Please look into this. Seems like I am not the only one with the issue also it is a very old bug.

Serra19

Seeing that Spotify team ignore this problem that has existed for 4 years, I will open a new post every time I come across this issue.

I encourage everyone reading this to do the same. Perhaps it is the only way to be taken seriously.

eointpayne

I'm having the same issue except not even using bluetooth. 4 years and still haven't done anything about it. Madness.

Good thing they have some cool new features to ram new music/podcasts into your face that you have 0 interest in though.

gregawa

Same.

jgouth

This is actually ridiculous, it has been YEARS for most likely not a very difficult fix. 

mantleray

Is there any update on this or is it being ignored?

I'm on MacOS 10.14.6, Spotify 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60.

chantoozie

Please please please Spotify can you sort this. It's still happening for me - possibly more frequently than ever - and it is SO frustrating! Thank you!

jocke76

I've had this issue for a couple of years now and it's really annoying!

Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Bluetooth headphones (Bose QC35 II)

Premium Premium Family

Maybe I should switch to another service, like Apple or Tidal?

Gokor

Same issue here, with Sony WH-1000XM4 wireless headphones and a 2013 MacBook Pro.  If I stop playback for a while (and especially if Mac goes to sleep) it fails to start playing again and shows the error.  This has been driving me up the wall.  I already talked to tech support and did the whole reinstall / empty caches run-around to no avail.  This issue is seriously hampering my use of Spotify, I may have to switch to something else which I'd rather not do, been a subscriber since 2010 if memory serves.  But if post-IPO Spotify can't fix basic, blocking usability problems then the writing's on the wall.

crofootn

Unreal. This issue thread was started over FOUR YEARS AGO and it STILL HASN'T BEEN FIXED.

Even more irritating is that I never experienced this until recently. I've had a bluetooth speaker for awhile but it wasn't happening consistently. Now it it happens every freakin time my mac goes to sleep. So stupid.

BUT I've also been suggesting for years that Spotify make is easy for users to decouple from Facebook without having to basically create a new account and subsequently lose years and years of play history since I signed up when they first launched and the only method of creating an account was through Facebook. Still haven't fixed something as simple as that either.