Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Spotify won't resume after pause with bluetooth headphones

I'm unable to resume after i pause the music for a few minutes with my headphones over bluetooth.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app and all devices fully up-to-date.

Thanks!

Comments

I've been experiencing this issue for the past few years myself - on a Macbook Pro using bluetooth headset. Restarting Spotify always fixes the issue, and the issue only occurs after I pause music for an extended period (30+ mins) of time to listen to audio from a different source on my laptop (youtube, meeting, etc). Not a huge pain, but a fix would improve day-to-day quality of life.

Edit: I'll include my specs

Computer: Macbook Pro 2017 13" - Currently on Mojave 10.14.6 (this issue has been occurring over the past several years over several different OS versions).

Headset: Used to happen with Bose QC II, changed to Bose 700s a few weeks ago and the issue is still happening in the same exact manner.

Spotify Plan: Premium

Tvantimmeren

Same issue here, often have to restart to play music after pausing. 

Computer: Macbook Pro 2019 13" - Currently on Mojave 10.14.6 (this issue has been occurring over the past several years over several different OS versions)

Headset: Sony WH1000XM3

amottier89
It looks I don't have this issue for long time now. Maybe since I updated
MacOs to Big Sur. Is anyone still having this issue with latest MacOs ?
tobquilanorres

Yes - this issue seems to have been resolved by the Big Sur update for me too! After yeaaarrrs.... but I'm just waiting for the next thing to go wrong now...

dgsk

I've been experiencing this issue since the first day i've updated Mac from High Sierra to Mojave. I've already tried clean uninstall and log-in with different accounts and other smaller advises such as disable hardware acceleration etc but nothing worked. The issue mostly occurs when i pause a song and watch youtube or other stream video websites for like at least 20 minutes. It occurs more rare if i just pause the song and don't use speaker meanwhile until i play the  spotify again. 

Computer: Macbook Pro Mid 2014 13". MacOs Mojave 10.14.6. I don't have an intention to update Big Sur yet.

Bluetooth device: Logitech BT Adapter.

iPaq

Same experience on Linux even today with the latest client and kernel.

Bluetooth headphone can pause, but unpausing makes Spotify throw that error incorrectly.

Bizarre that it's still sitting here AND marked as "Not right now".

Meanwhile if I open VLC and some audio file it responds to these buttons just fine.

Tvantimmeren

Really frustrating, still having this issue on a daily basis. Used to be solved by restarting the app, but now even that does not fix it.. 

Spotify for macOS (Intel), 1.1.71.560.gc21c3367

chantoozie

Four years since this thread started/issue was reported and like the other users I'm finding it's STILL happening!! Spotfiy PLEASE when are you going to sort this issue?! 

urionje

Just want to add that I'm experiencing this and have been experiencing this since probably around the time this thread started.

macOS 10.14.6

Early 2015 MacBook Pro

Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.78.765.g5ea20b00

capnmorgs

Been with spotify since 2012 and I think its time to move if this isn't fixed 😞