Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro mid 2015

Operating System

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 

My Question or Issue

I'm unable to delete a playlist folder I recently created. I right click it and click "Delete" or select "Delete" from the "..." menu and neither action does anything

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue and thanks for confirming it works better now.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
drewgerstorfer

I made playlist folders and realised i didnt like them but now i cant delete them, i press the delete button but it doesnt work, have tried restarting spotify, deleting spotify and re-installing, even tried on my other connected devices, have searched all through the forum and such but still to no avail, any help would be super appreciated. 

TreyAnastasio

Hi @drewgerstorfer,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I recommend first trying logging out > restarting your device > logging back in to ensure that the changes are synced.

If that doesn’t work, then you can try deleting your empty folders from the Web Player, or renaming the folders before trying to delete them again, as recommended recently in this thread.

And if these steps don’t solve the issue, then I would recommend trying a clean reinstall, making sure that you've cleared all old Spotify files before reinstalling.

Let me know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

drewgerstorfer
thankyou for the help, deleting them throught the Spotify Web Player worked 🙂
TreyAnastasio

Hi @pnut,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I recommend first trying to delete your playlist folder from the Web Player, as recommended recently in this thread.

If that doesn’t work, you can try renaming the folder before trying to delete it again.

If neither of these methods resolve this issue, then you can try logging out > restarting your device > logging back in again to see if the changes sync. And if this doesn’t help either, then I would recommend trying a clean reinstall, making sure that you've cleared all old Spotify files before reinstalling.

Let me know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

pnut

okay, i'm able to delete it from the web player, but this seems to be a consistent reproducible bug in my desktop app, is it something that's going to be addressed?

TreyAnastasio

Hi @pnut,

Thanks for your reply, and I'm glad that you were able to delete the playlist folder from the Web Player.

I’ll be sure to pass your feedback to the teams. In the meantime, I recommend keeping your app up to date, as this issue may be resolved in the next updates.

If you’re still experiencing this issue after a couple of days, could you let me know by replying to this thread?

Thanks for your cooperation, and have a good day!

My Question or Issue

I made a playlist folder so i could keep all of my playlists in one place. However, it won’t let me delete the folder. I’ve removed my playlists as well but it’s not going anywhere. Please tell me how i can fix this. Thank you!

Billy-J

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try a clean reinstall the app following these steps, and then try deleting them again? 

If that doesn’t help, attach a screenshot or screen recording of what happens when you try to delete your playlist folders so I can take a closer look for you.

Keep me updated and let me know how this goes!

Xenia
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

We’ve merged a few threads together to look into this and keep you all in the loop. If you're experiencing this issue, it'd be great if you could add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following details:

• Exact Spotify version
  • Device (make + model) + OS version
  • Troubleshooting steps you tried so far without success
  • If possible share a screen recording showing how the app behaves

Once we have all the info, we'll pass it on to the right team, who will look further into it. In the meantime you can try deleting your playlist folders using the web player.

Keep us posted!

pjPug

Version 1.1.40.508.gd5bc2931

Device: Dell Latitude E7440 laptop

After selecting the Delete option, the confirmation pop-up for "Cancel or Delete" does not appear, so unable to delete.