[Desktop] Unable to add more than 50 tracks to a playlist

Hey folks,  

We're receiving reports from users confirming they can't add more than 50 tracks from an Album to a Playlist. This happens on desktop devices and mainly applies to Albums including more than 50 tracks, such as audiobooks for example.  

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up-to-speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this. 

Comments
violetcities
Music Fan

If I save a whole album to a new playlist it only adds the first 50 tracks. I listen to a lot of audiobooks and they tend to be pretty long, often with several hundred tracks. I can add the rest manually, but that's very annoying. It always worked until a few days ago.

Ivan
Spotify Legend

Hey @violetcities

Help’s here!

Could you confirm if you still observe this after performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? This will get you the latest app version and clean up corrupted data that might be causing the issue.  

If it persists after a clean reinstall, let us know the make and model of your device, the OS version, as well as the exact version of the Spotify app currently installed.  

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

violetcities
Music Fan

I did two clean reinstalls, unfortunately that didn't fix it.

The issue happens only on the desktop version (Windows 8.1, Acer Aspire laptop), I tried it on my Android and that's perfectly fine. I have a Premium Duo account and the Spotify version is 1.1.61.583.gad060c66-a.

I also found an older playlist that I created about three weeks ago and the same thing happened there, I just didn't realise it then, so it looks like it's not a super new thing.

Ivan
Spotify Legend

Hey @violetcities

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Next thing we suggest trying is cleaning up the hosts file on your laptop. Simply follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

It's also a good idea to check how it goes when a different Spotify account gets logged in on your device to see if this could be an account-related issue. You can ask a friend or family member to log in to their own Spotify account on your device, or simply create a test account for this purpose. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy a great day! 

violetcities
Music Fan

I asked a few people to try it on their own accounts first and they all have the exact same issue. I suppose it's not a very noticeable thing because few albums have that many tracks in the first place, and you might not dump them all into one playlist very often.

Ivan
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this. 

MarkLeslie
Casual Listener

Country = USA
Device = Windows 10 Pro, 20H2
Spotify Version =1.1.61.583.gad060c66-a

= Current web player version (unknown)

violetcities
Music Fan

I'd also like to clarify that this only happens when I navigate to the album and click "add to playlist" at the top - both with a new playlist and an existing playlist that already has tracks in it. Manually dragging it over works fine with any amount of tracks, as does selecting all the tracks and clicking add to playlist from there.

I'm in Germany but I also checked with a friend in the UK.

Craigmcfly

Also seeing this on macos version 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a in the UK.

If I try to make a playlist from an album, I only get the first 50 songs. If I then go back to the album, I can select the remaining tracks and add them to the playlist. So it's not the end of the world, just weird. 

Related Issues