[Desktop][Your Music] Ability to make "Your Music" available offline on desktop client

Hi,

when I open Spotify on my computer and start playing, the Spotify app on my phone also starts. Why is this? I don't want this to happen!

I play different music on my computer and my phone. When I'm listening at my computer it's usually because I'm working, and I want music suitable for that. When I'm listening on my phone it's usually because I'm driving, and I want music that's suitable for that. I don't want my devices to synchronize! I've requested this before, but no luck. When will this happen? It seems to be a perfectly legitimate request, and all it takes is a small button in the settings screen!

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi, @SveinMarvin!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Can you try the steps here for us? They should help with this. Also, it sounds like your devices are linked through Spotify Connect. We have more info about this feature here.

Let us know how it goes. 

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Closed

Hey,

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Regular

Hi. I'm sorry that I missed your reply. I don't visit this forum often, and I don't get any notifications on email when someone replies. Anyway, I've reinstalled Spotify, following the steps from the link you gave in your original answer. The problem is still there, as you well know.

How can this be solved? THe music I listen to on my PC is usually very different from the music I listen to on my cellphone. While working I listen on my PC, mainly calm music suitable for background music while working. On my phone, I generally listen to completely different music. When I get back to work in the morning, my active playlist have changed, and I have to navigate back to it. When I'm finished at work I have to navigate again.

In addition, it's extremely annoying that the background picture on my phone changes when I listen on Spotify on my PC. I see how this behaviour might be defended when I run Spotify on my phone, but why the heck do you think you have the right to mess with my phone when I listen on my computer??

I love Spotify (well, I used to before you started Spotify Connect, now it's more of a love/hate relationship), and I would hate to stop using it. Please, please, please - fix this!!