Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop app doesn't scroll up when moving song to the top

Hey folks,

We have received reports that since a recent update, it's not possible to drag tracks upwards in a playlist on the desktop app if you want to manually rearrange them.

When reaching the edge of the current view, the playlist does not scroll up to allow the rearrangement. Scrolling down works.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
LAST_CALL

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As of Spotify for Windows 1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad I can no longer drag a podcast in a custom playlist past the top of the scroll view. The column titles in the scroll view now have a transparent background making it hard to read, but also appears to have introduced a bug where it no longer recognizes the mouse cursor is over that region so it will no longer scroll the list up so you can drag and drop a list item higher up in the list.

Mamar

For playlists with 50-60 tracks,  moving a track from position 75 for example to position 9 is no longer possible in one go.

Musikfreitag

Same issue here  

- moving tracks to the top does not longer start the scrolling of the playlist 

- moving tracks to the bottom starts scrolling the playlist

Spotify Version Number: 1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad

MattSuda

Hey @Mamar @Musikfreitag 

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue is currently being looked into.

As a workaround for now:

When dragging the song up, move your mouse to the very top of the Spotify window further than you normally would and it seems to work that way as a workaround.

Note: Some Windows users said this workaround doesn't work. It seems this might only work on Mac.

MattSuda

Hey @LAST_CALL 

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue is currently being looked into.

As a workaround for now:

When dragging the song up, move your mouse to the very top of the Spotify window further than you normally would and it seems to work that way as a workaround.

Note: Some Windows users said this workaround doesn't work. It seems this might only work on Mac.

REDARROW101_A5

I am also experiencing this issue with music on playlists, I have done a complete re-install and it is still not working. I have also tried the workaround and that didn't work either. I would like to know when there will be a bugfix made?

Mamar

Thanks but it doesn't work and I have to admit it i very frustrating. The beauty of playlists is the mix for me...

Jeremy
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We've passed this on to the relevant team, who will be looking into this.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

maximus_1st

same issue here

on a desktop pc, windows 10, app version: Spotify for Windows
1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad

plz fix this as i have many playlist containing more than 4 hours of music... custom orders just rocks, I would like it to be more user friendly in the future also, on my android apps, it is a pain to reorder so i usually use my pc to get the thing done, but now its broken... 😞

Mamar

Still not fixed. Hope it is very soon.