Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Difficulties with payments and purchases in Nigeria

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some of our users in Nigeria are experiencing difficulties with their payments.

Hey everyone,

We've been regularly checking the status of this with the right folks, and we have an update.

Verve is now a viable payment option in this region. If this is available to you, we recommend trying to add this to your account. If Verve isn’t an option to you, then we’d suggest posting in our Subscriptions help board. From there, we’ll see if there's anything else we can suggest that best supports you.

Thanks!

Comments
Cheena1
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Nigeria 

Device

(Samsung galaxy)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

I have tried different cards both Visa and Mastercard which are the only payment options available to me, but the payment still won't go through. Pls help

Nonyerose

I have been having this issues since June, tried all my cards, incognito page, contacted my bank and everything you guys suggested and still nothing works. It's really frustrating. You guys should really do something about this problem. Please. 

Oiko
Hello, i think its best you use virtual cards they do work
I used chippercash for mine and its working
Swagifted

Please as at today 20-08-2022, which Nigerian bank does Spotify work on, cause my Gtbank, UBA, Zenith and first bank, all mastercards, but none is working even if they are all funded. 

312reqfuc4dqsx366nn6

I'm having issues with my payment 

po3aksjti9b2cc8xlt1s

Spotify is no longer automatically renewing my subscription. Even after I try to enter my details manually. It keeps saying to update payment information so I don’t lose my offline music. I have tried multiple payment methods 

MuDibia

@Swagifted Zenith Visa works for me (and someone else I know) for international payments. I'm just not sure if the limit is $10 or $20.

Swagifted
I finally had to migrate to Spotify Ireland. Its not me Buhari will
frustrate. I had to do duo of 14 euros per month with a friend if mine in
overseas. I gave her my username and password and she did everything else.
Chinedu10

I am having trouble making payment changing form premium to student plan can't seem to input payment details the options is not showing 

Eni
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey everyone,

We've been regularly checking the status of this with the right folks, and we have an update.

Verve is now a viable payment option in this region. If this is available to you, we recommend trying to add this to your account. If Verve isn’t an option to you, then we’d suggest posting in our Subscriptions help board. From there, we’ll see if there's anything else we can suggest that best supports you.

Thanks!