Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Difficulties with payments and purchases in Nigeria

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some of our users in Nigeria are experiencing difficulties with their payments.

Hey everyone,

We've been regularly checking the status of this with the right folks, and we have an update.

Verve is now a viable payment option in this region. If this is available to you, we recommend trying to add this to your account. If Verve isn’t an option to you, then we’d suggest posting in our Subscriptions help board. From there, we’ll see if there's anything else we can suggest that best supports you.

Thanks!

Comments
Yomi_Tee

I'm still having issues with making payment on my Spotify. I already contacted my bank and I was told there's nothing wrong with my card so it seems the problem is from Spotify.

Please look into this, I wouldn't wanna loose my data on Spotify and using the free subscription isn't fun.

Femzy

@Yomi_Tee  Did you read my last post? Did you try my the GoMoney Virtual Card??

Yomi_Tee

@Femzy  I don't have a GoMoney account, I don't even know what that is.

Femzy

@Yomi_Tee  first off, lemme tell you that this platform is not a customer service platform where solution is provided to issues. It’s a thread where Spotify customers discuses their experiences with one another and one of such is the problem wit payment subscription. I learnt about GoMoney card when I was having issues with my payment as well from the internet not even on here, I tried it and it worked. GoMoney is just like any other digital bank in Nigeria like kuda, VFD and so on. Download GoMoney app, set up your bank account with required info, get a virtual bank, transfer fund into the card and use the virtual card to pay for your Spotify subscription. This is not a big deal. I don’t know why people come on here complaining when they haven’t tried other people’s suggested solution to this payment problem. 

Yomi_Tee

@Femzy  Okay thanks. Let me try the GoMoney first. I'll give a feedback on it

Yomi_Tee

@Femzy. I already opened the GoMoney account and the card but it still the same thing. It still telling me payment failed

synedexter

what worked for me was paying using my dollar card attached to a domiciliary account. Seems to work without a hitch and you are charged the exact amount using the bank exchange rate. It’s worked for me for the last 4 months.

Femzy

@Yomi_Tee I’m sorry it’s not working for you. You just have to keep trying other card that have been suggested and hopefully you’ll find one that works for you. 

KYNGCHYLD

The error message I get doesn’t even let me enter card details so most if the fixes don’t work. I think the embedded payment solution/gateway is not connecting properly to the servers.

loosing my premium would be a pain in the ass, I don’t want to use apple music 🥲 

Xtremeideaz

It's been so terrible. Why is Nigeria such a curse, nothing ever works! After years of being on premium, i finally got downgraded this week. tried everything from Access, GTB to Kuda +Alat and Barter, none seem to be working. 

I dont have a dom account, is there no other way out?