Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Difficulties with payments and purchases in Nigeria

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some of our users in Nigeria are experiencing difficulties with their payments.

Hey everyone,

We've been regularly checking the status of this with the right folks, and we have an update.

Verve is now a viable payment option in this region. If this is available to you, we recommend trying to add this to your account. If Verve isn’t an option to you, then we’d suggest posting in our Subscriptions help board. From there, we’ll see if there's anything else we can suggest that best supports you.

Thanks!

Comments
Papiduke

Ive been trying for days to pay for my premium subscription I've tried with different cards different browsers on and off incognito mode and nothing is working please y’all at Spotify fix this problem asap cause its really annoying and upsetting 

Emmasking

Nigeria is the number 7 most populous country in the world, Spotify should find a permanent solution to this payment problem, you can get a local bank account in Nigeria and allow people make payment to the bank account while your agents will verify the payment and activate premium for users. 

Please solve this payment problem, it is messing with our mental health. 

IdrisAfrica

I've tried two different cards. Still didn't work.

I accessed via incognito. Same.

Pls what to do? 

YoungJay

Am having same issue 

I have tried every damn card I have am tired 

tHe_pHenom

Even after my bank enabled my card for international transactions, Spotify still declines my card.

Please add easier payment methods, maybe payment through Google play.

MadManLuca2211

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Nigeria

Device

(infinix Note 😎

Operating System

( Android Oreo)

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to upgrade to premium but it keeps saying payment failed I've tried paying through incognito still doesn't work and I've tried multiple cards

MadManLuca2211

*infinix note 8

Meeky

@Femzy personally I wont advice people to use Gomoney , they need your BVN now I might be crazy but last I checked , if someone with evil intentions knows your BVN they can find out all the accounts linked to that BVN now imagine if something easy as your date of birth is your BVN password. Before the app  accept your BVN all information linking to it has to be correct.  **bleep** no that's too risky I rather not use spotify anymore trying to stress my life I'll just stick with boom play or audio mack 

Trying all my cards To pay for premium but Spotify Is not accepting any of it ....

Ive been trying for days to pay for my premium subscription I've tried with different cards different browsers on and off incognito mode and nothing is working please y’all at Spotify fix this problem asap cause its really annoying and upsetting