Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discord] 'Listen Along' feature delay between users

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone, I've been experiencing a problem with Spotify lately with the 'Listening Along' feature on Discord. Now I'm not sure if it's specifically a Spotify issue or a Discord issue, but I'm certain it's related. My friend starts off listening to their playlist on shuffle. As their listening to a tune, I join them. Now it starts off well other than I'm somehow 6-7 seconds ahead of the song. After the song ends, they are on a new song however I'm still on the previous song at the end. My friend would have to manually click on a new song for me to listen along. We've never experienced this issue before, and it's even worse when I'm hosting. I don't remember changing anything in settings or anything around that nature. Is there a fix to this problem? I would appreciate all help. Thank you

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this - this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you're still experiencing issues after a clean reinstall, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here and we'll help you troubleshoot.

Thanks - stay awesome!

Comments
FloDer

This is a recent problem. It was not there before. Other people on reddit are telling the same story.

Neither Discord nor Spotify have commented or cared yet.

I hope that changes soon because I really love this feature and right now it is basically broken.

Di_Bello

Ah **bleep**, that's so unfortunate to hear. Their support systems are also a pain to navigate through too. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one

Peter

Hey @Di_Bello and @FloDer,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

Do you first mind trying some basic troubleshooting for your desktop? Just head to this article for the steps to follow.

If none of those steps work, could you ask the person who you are using the Listen Along feature with on Discord to try the same troubleshooting steps?

If none of the above works, make sure to provide us with the following info so we can take a closer look:

• your device's make + OS version
  • the exact version of Spotify running on your desktop?

Also, if you don't mind linking us to the reddit thread you referred to, that would be great 🙂

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies 😉

Di_Bello

Hey @Peter

Thank you for responding! 

I've gone ahead and followed through with the basic troubleshooting, but the problem is still there. The person has also followed through with the basic troubleshooting and the problem still exists. I've even started listening with other users on different servers and the same problem was happening: As soon as the song ends, I'm stuck at the end of the song while they are onto the next one. 

> If none of the above works, make sure to provide us with the following info so we can take a closer look

• your device's make + OS version - Windows 10 (I'm not sure what you mean by "your device's make")
  • the exact version of Spotify running on your desktop? - 1.108.439.0

Thank you again for helping out with this issue. Hoping to hear from you soon!

Di_Bello

Update

You asked for my Device's Make and my friend helped me realize what you meant. My PC is custom built (not pre-built). 

Find attached, a picture of my system info.

Thanks!

Device.png
NaibElSayel

Hey, Just reading through forum posts and noticed this one, I think they're looking for your version for windows 10, if you type in cortana's search "winver" no quotes, or if you don't use the search hit the button combo "win + R" and type in "winver" it'll open a window with your OS version and build 🙂 

PS the latest windows 10 version is 1903...which updated recently

rinny2

Have there been any updates for this?  I love this feature and it made me buy premium so I can listen along with some of my friends.  This has been an ongoing problem for over a month now.  The disconnect/reconnect fix hasn't worked for us and we've gone through the troubleshooting.  Is spotify actually working to fix this? Do they care about problems like this?

Dantu

Same problem for me and my two sons.  This needs to be looked at.

Peter
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that there is a delay between users using the Listen Along feature on Discord.

If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your vote to this thread and to leave the following info:

• exact Spotify version
  • exact Discord version
  • your device + OS version

Once we have all that, we'll take a closer look.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

FloDer

Spotify Version 1.1.12.449.g4109e645

Discord Version: Most Recent (Change Log — 7.24.2019)

Desktop PC: Windows 10 Pro Version 1809