[Discover] Repeated Songs on Discover Weekly/No Sensibility to Versions

For the last few months, almost every Discover Weekly playlist I receive includes one or more versions of the same song, Aguas de Marco. There was one week when the playlist included three versions of this song. It also appears very frequently on Daily Mix. Is it possible for Spotify to identify when songs are covers or versions, and not include them as if they were different songs? And not to repeat the same song or versions of the same song every week? 

This is particularly frustrating since I know this is Spotify's suggestion when I listen to Brazilian music... And most covers are not even by Brazilians. I am Brazilian and it feels almost insulting to my familiarity with my country's music, which I thought was abundantly expressed in my searches and listening history. 

Also: why aren't accented letters and cedillas allowed on this board? 

Hi, @ceciliares!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Discover Weekly is based on what you, and others like you, are listening to. Hopefully, it’s more in tune with your tastes next week! Don't forget to tap ❤️ or 🚫 to improve your Discover Weekly.

Also, accented letters aren't allowed in the app. Rest assured we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right team.

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need help with anything else. 

0 Likes
Comments
MonicaM_Bogota
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hi, @ceciliares!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Discover Weekly is based on what you, and others like you, are listening to. Hopefully, it’s more in tune with your tastes next week! Don't forget to tap ❤️ or 🚫 to improve your Discover Weekly.

Also, accented letters aren't allowed in the app. Rest assured we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right team.

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need help with anything else. 

Related Issues