Discovery recommendations not working.

Device:Samsung T217A tablet and Dell laptop

Operating System Version:Several

Spotify Version:??

Description:I am no longer getting recommendations from Discover. I get thrown back to the opening Browse menu with all the awful mood/genre/etc playlists. This happens on all my devices.

To reproduce:

1. Go to Browse
  2. Choose Discover
  3. Be horribly disappointed.

Workaround:

Additional information:

0 Likes
Comments
jean3601
Community Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @jeanmarx

Could i ask you to please post your OS version? (For android and Windows/Linux/OSX)

Please also post your Spotify app versions, you can do this by going to Help About on desktop and Settings About Version on Android

Also could you please explain how to reproduce your error in more detail? I seem unable to reproduce your problem 

Thanks!

poops

Thanks @jeanmarx for your post, i am experiencing the same problem!!

I will answer the additional info questions for my specific case:

Issue found on Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1

Spotify version 1.5.0.739

I do not see the issue on Spotify desktop version (Windows 7 x64, Spotify version 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e (Premium acct)

Steps to reproduce on mobile device:

1. Open Spotify

2. Go to Browse menu

3. Select Discover

4. Top menu header changes to 'Discover'. However the standard Browse menu still displays (icons of various playlists, Links for Top Lists, New Releases, Discover, Genres & Moods, etc.).

@jean3601, let me know if you have any more questions. Hopefully this is enough to find root cause. The discovery feature is probably my favorite on Spotify.

Paul

jean3601
Community Legend

Hey @poops

I am unable to recreate this issue, could you please check if you have the latest version of Spotify installed and check if you still don't see discover?

If you still don't see it I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if this helps, This usually fixes most problems 🙂

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache 🙂 

poops

wasn't aware there was an app update available...updated to v 4.0.0.800 just now and the discover feature now works.

it's appearance is slightly different than before, but it does match the desktop version now...

Thanks @jean3601.

Paul

jean3601
Community Legend
@poops Glad it's working 🙂
jean3601
Community Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Related Issues