Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Discovery weekly plays song I have heard before and I don't like.

The title says it all. 

First of all, it's supposed to be a discovery playlist, why do I keep getting the same tracks week after week, month after month. It's floating at about 40% of non-new songs for me every week. The worst part is I straight up just dont like half of those songs. Please let me put a thumbs down to never hear a song again on the discovery weekely. 

Thank you.

Hey @LukeJ and @Joelalala!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. We hope our support team was able to help you with this. 

If you need us again, just give us a shout. Take care 🙂

Comments
Joelalala

This has been happening to me for weeks! I first started noticing a duplicate here or there months ago, but within the past 2 months it's become more and more frequent. To monitor this and prove I'm not crazy I started screenshotting each week’s DW. 

Since May 22nd’s DW playlist there have been 15 songs that have duplicated. 15 songs duplicated at least once across 3 playlists. Out of those 15 duplicate songs, four of them have been on today’s DW, last week’s DW, and the week before’s DW. In other words, four songs have appeared on 3 DW’s consecutively! This is ridiculous. Spotify claims “Your Discover Weekly playlist is 100% brand new every Monday.” But that’s hasn’t been true for a while. I've heard Paul and Linda McCartney's "Ram On" pushing 8 times now!

If Spotify actually cares about maintaining a quality service then they should fix this. I’ll gladly share my screen shots and device info to help with troubleshooting.

Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey all! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! Do you mind sharing your Discover Weekly playlist URIs? I'd love to take a closer look. Also, if you could follow these steps, that'd be awesome! 🙂

- Log out/in

- Reinstall the app

- Unfollow your DW playlist, and then follow it again under Browse > Discover

- Don't use Private Listening when streaming for a while

- Add your favourite songs to Your Music/playlists

Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a great day!

Joelalala

Hey Huib, thanks for taking the time to look into this. Here's a link to another thread where more users have anecdotes about this issue and you can see screenshots of the duplicates in my previous 3 DW's https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyaccountrelated/page/1/th...

Here is my DW's URI: spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcWECF5wo968J

I'll do those other steps you recommended and let you know if I get more duplicates on my next DW

Sophia

Thanks for getting back to us with that info @Joelalala!

Don't worry, please follow the steps we recommended. If the issue persists, we'll look into this. 

Let us know if you have any questions. We'll be here for you 🙂

Sophia

LukeJ
Mara_F

Thanks guys!

Since we need to check your account, we'd recommend getting in touch with us via emailFacebook or Twitter

We'll carry on helping there.
Julian
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @LukeJ and @Joelalala!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. We hope our support team was able to help you with this. 

If you need us again, just give us a shout. Take care 🙂