Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Does Spotify Have A Problem with Russian Hackers?

So this keeps happening:  I'm listening to something that <I> have selected via Spoify, and suddenly I'm listening to something else that I did NOT select.  On a device that I do not own. 

For example, I'll be listening to Jason Isbell, and suddenly Spotify starts playing some beats/grove/electronica track.  And it'll be playing on a device that I don't recognize, like 'Carolyn's iPhone' or somebody's Chrome browser. 

Over the weekend, I went into my Spotify account settings, and discovered a couple of names on my family plan that I don't recognize.  I deleted them.  But within an hour the problem happened again, and this time I found another, new name in my account. 

See the screenshot attached.  I do not know a Karl Marley.  But the address "moskow2078@gmail.com" makes me think... that the Russians don't have anything better to do after f'ing up our election. 

Anybody else see this issue?  Is there a solution? 

Thanks, 

--PS 

Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 5.35.58 PM.png

Hey @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like someone else is using your account. The steps from this article should help, could you give them a shot? Let me know if there's anything else.

Thanks and have an awesome day! 🙂

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like someone else is using your account. The steps from this article should help, could you give them a shot? Let me know if there's anything else.

Thanks and have an awesome day! 🙂