Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does not play local files, plays songs on Spotify instead

0 Likes

Hello!

I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this, or if it has been asked and answered before.

I'm having trouble playing my local files. In some cases, when the song is on Spotify it plays that version instead, and often it is a live or an alternate version. Otherwise it wouldn't bother me, obviously.

Also, some of my local songs are in gray in Spotify, I can play them on Spotify on my computer, but I can't download it on my phone... I have to remove them from Spotify completely, add them again, and add them again to my playlists. It's really bothersome!

What gives? Is there a way around all of this?

Thank you!

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we'll be closing this thread for now.

If you're still having trouble with this, don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help.

Comments
SergioDavid
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community!

The app automatically matches a local file if it believes we have it in our catalogue.To prevent this from happening, edit some of the info on the local files.

About local files not syncing on your mobile, do they get removed after you're able to successfully add them? 

We'll see what we can suggest once we have this info.

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we'll be closing this thread for now.

If you're still having trouble with this, don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help.