Don't let the album art grow when the music starts

The album cover increases in size, which makes me click the link to the album. This happens when I start scrolling though the song right after clicking play, or swipe though songs which makes them play.
Why doen the album art grow? What's the point.

Hi, @Vince0me!

It seems like we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need some extra help.

Have a nice day. 
0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Vince0me! Welcome to the community!

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. Could you maybe make a video of your screen? Also, what Spotify and OS version are you rocking?

Thanks, take care!

Casual Listener

I'm sorry for not describing the problem more accurate. I've videotaped my screen but don't know how to upload it. Anyway, here goes:

When I have a playlist in front of me on my mobile, and I click play, a new song starts playing (no surprises there, right).

The problem starts here:

When I click on the song that's currently playing, in the bottom of my screen (above the search buttons and all), the album cover, song & artist and tracking-bar appear.

I usually want to scroll to the middle of the song (or something like that), but then the cover gets larger, so the song&artist move down to where the tracking-bar used to be (which also moves to a lower position). 

This results in me clicking the song&artist link instead of the tracking-bar. And so I get sent to the album of the artist, when all I wanted was to scroll through the song.

I use the Spotify mobile app (version 7.8.0.607 armV7) on an Android 7.0 system on my Sony Xperia Z5.

Roadie

Thanks for the info @Vince0me!

Can you send us a screenshot where we can appreciate this behavior on your app?

We'll see what we can suggest. 

Casual Listener

Roadie

Thanks for the info, @Vince0me!

That's odd. Just to check, does this happen when you reproduce any of your playlists? Also, can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? 

Give it a try reinstalling the app and see if you're still experiencing the same issue. Here's how.

Let us know how it goes.

Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hi, @Vince0me!

It seems like we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need some extra help.

Have a nice day.