Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download Audio Quality on iOS does not list any options.

We are receiving reports that the download audio quality options are missing for iOS users.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.
In case it persists after the update, clear the app cache data 🙂

Cheers!

Comments
PhoenixMonroe

IMG_0018.PNGIMG_0019.PNGThis issue occurs for video quality as well and this problem only seems to occur on my iPhone 12 Pro updated to the latest version of iOS and latest version of Spotify, I have no issues on my M1 Mac Book Air, and yes this problem still occurs when connecting to different networks.

ExpensiveFruit

PlanStudent Premium

Device: iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

(iOS 15.5) app version 8.7.40.1558

As of recent (last week), my video quality settings have disappeared. iOS app version 8.7.40.1558. I have logged out and logged back in to my account, cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled the app and powered off and on my device. No matter what I do the video quality settings will not reappear. Operating system and app is up-to-date. Any recommendations on how to fix this? I have attached a photo to reference this issue. Also, Spotify is trying to access my Apple Music? I have never seen this before.

69D0B603-0130-40D7-94C4-868E83D8DCD2.png
A458520F-0AF0-4A58-9D99-D3D157C0B824.png
ExpensiveFruit

Same issue for me… Also, my video quality settings have disappeared. 
iOS 15.5

iPhone 13 Pro

App version 8.7.40.1558

PlanStudent Premium

20BCF813-4584-41C5-B254-DB122A5CC954.png
ExpensiveFruit

Issue present for me as well. 
iPhone 13 Pro

iOS 15.5

App version 8.7.40.1558

• cleared cache, logged out and back in, deleted app and re-downloaded from the App Store, powered device on and off and turned airplane mode on and off with no fix. 
F870E5E2-77E0-4EC9-9506-EC9D6E03793F.png
shew082

I’m seeing the same thing with the quality settings with my phone 12 pro. iOS 15.5, Spotify 8.7.40.1558.

E530308E-8D49-46E2-95C4-0161AB34CC65.png

Same issue for me. iPhone 13 pro on iOS 15.5. I just updated the app this morning. 

I too cleared cache, deleted the app and rebooted the iPhone. 

ExpensiveFruit

This seems to be a common issue amongst iOS Spotify users. Seems as an app update is necessary in order to provide resolution. I’m sure the team at Spotify is dedicated to this and I hope there will be an app update as soon as possible. My next and last ditch effort to fix it on my own is to sign out everywhere which is an option on the desktop website and unlink any connected apps or services like Alexa, Waze etc. 

cdiony

There is a new version today - 8.7.42 but did not solve the issue 😞

L92

Same here - For everyone my family subscription.

Also in Audio Quality - Download is missing the same way.

OscarDC

Hey @PhoenixMonroe,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

As this issue seems to be happening on just one device, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

It would also be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it's account-related or not.

In case the issue persists, include in your next response the exact OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.