Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
CarlosE

Hey @c_lawlz,

Thanks for reaching out.

It seems that different steps have been helpful for different users. You can try turning Airplane mode off and connecting your Apple Watch to WiFi only. You can also try running a clean reinstall of the app and then resetting your watch before installing the Spotify app again. For others, just force quitting the app and restarting it in the watch did the trick. If the issue persists, try following all the steps in the post marked as a solution.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

worace
Had the same issue. This new feature seems unbelievably buggy. Been waiting for this for so long and now can't get it to work. As a last ditch effort I tried completely uninstalling spotify from both phone and watch and this seems to have also removed the "download to apple watch" feature from my spotify app entirely. (I guess I got unlucky with the rollout lottery on the reinstall). So frustrating.
Joe418

This worked for me. Have you tried?

there is a fix below involving re-pair the watch with the phone. Do it exactly on the order shown. 

good luck. 

CarlosE

Hey @worace,

Welcome to the Community.

There are many other troubleshooting steps in this thread that have helped many users. We suggest reading through them and giving them a try.

If you're not seeing the option Download to Apple Watch, try restarting the app a couple of times. In case the issue persists, list all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so we don't repeat anything and know where to start.

Keep us in the loop.

Bizzard

So... Spotify has really **bleep**ed things up on Apple Watch.. basically its useless.

Streaming wont work most of the time through Watch...

Download to watch wont work.. Stuck at 1 of X... Same as alot of others..

And Spotify is taking no responsibility.. 

I been following the other threads that has been closed down.. And Spotifys response so far has been:

It wont dowload if your watch is connected to your phone.. So you need to disconnect.

It wont download if the battery is too low.

It wont download if the watch is not on the same Wifi as the Phone (But its not allowed to be connected through bluetooth.

It wont dowlonad if you are on LTE..

You have to be on the latest version of Spotify (thats fair).

But.. Really.. WHY ARE YOU BLAIMING THE USERS...

Spotify has made a solution that doesnt work under allmost all situations. Its not userfriendly. AND IT IS DEFINATELY not good customer service to ask us to jump through SOO many hoops..

It would really show ownership of a bad solution by you.. if you acknowledge the issue and gave us a deadline for a fix... Because right now.. I just signed up for my 3 months of free apple music.. Where this works....

BadKid1005

Exact the same problem here… Downlod on Watch stops at 1 of xx….

EDIT: Just reinstalled the App on Watch and it now works!!

Eni

Hi folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

@Bizzard, we're sorry to hear that you feel this way. We suggest that you check this thread in which you'll find several troubleshooting steps that have helped other users. 

Let us know how it goes.

lillytruongbt

Mine is having the same exact problem, yet i've tried your solution method and it still doesnt work, please someone help 😞

lillytruongbt

Hey please help me, I’ve got the same issue yet ive tried all the solutions listed & it still doesnt work for me, all the songs are still stuck at 1x downloading. I’ve got the newest series 6 apple watch & newest iphone 12 pro max, updated software of both phone and watch and even spotify app (premium), removed apps and reinstalling, turning off bluetooth/wifi from phone for apple watch to download music, yet nothing seems to work. I need the songs offline in order to function outside of my home. Please anyone help! 😞

46A2E8B0-6D97-4B9F-BEF4-0358666555F3.png
2B61B665-9BEB-4D5E-B2A6-C356198B170C.png
Logan2211
Reinstalling Spotify on my iPhone (specifically, offloading the app, rebooting the phone, and then reinstalling the app) solved the problem for me. I can now successfully sync podcasts to my watch.

Prior to this, not a single song or podcast had successfully synced to my watch since the Sync to Watch feature showed up in my account about a week ago.