Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
rasecmask

I tried everything suggested here and still no luck. This is really disappointing...
My current setup 
• iPhone XR (14.7.1)
• Apple Watch Series 6 GPS only (7.6.1)

Mine doesn't even show that one track is downloading anymore. It just says 'downloading' and nothing happens. So, mine seems to be getting worse! 

kybiss

Many many months later and so many people still having the same issue!! Cant Spotify release an app update to resolve this? PLEASE I really dont want to switch to apple music 😭

iñakib

You really need to fix this. Tried every single suggestion on here and nothing works. Gonna stop paying if we don’t get service.

dorothea11

For me, the solution was to turn off the battery-saving mode on my iPhone... Then the phone allowed the download via cellular connection

Davebass5

I had mild success a week or so ago. Now nothing for 3 days, not even the first song. 

What a joke, and np way should any of us need to do any of these workarounds, especially not re pairing. 

Thats just a cop out for shitty programming on their part. 

Hire a monkey, give him an apple  watch and get this sorted, as the ‘devs’ certainly cant. Should all be fired. 

3122gxq4jkfj6sa

i tried literally all of these and none of these work for mine. i just got premium and this is already causing troubles. 

please fix this spotify it’s obviously a bug in the code than just the phone connections 😞

Katbatsback

I had this problem. I connected phone and watch to a charger, I then played the playlist I was trying to download from my watch. Playlist downloaded very quickly after this. Remember that the album/playlist can only have 50 tracks max

emoney248

On Spotify app on my phone I will create a playlist, then click the download to my apple watch button. Then on my watch I click on the downloads button and it just says "loading" Thought it was a WiFi issue or connection issue but I cant seem to figure out how to do this. Just says loading and wont ever download the songs. 

Okamibash

I fixed it by firstly rebooting my apple watch then I turned off the password for my apple watch. After that I download the playlist but while it's downloading I listen to the playlist I'm downloading and made sure it played from the apple watch, not from the phone