Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
Swampoholic

Apple Watch 7 OS 8

iPhone 12 OS 15

Downloads sit at “Loading” indefinitely (WiFi or cellular)

App attempts “connecting” to Apple Watch indefinitely IF AirPods are in use. If AirPods are not in use then Watch App streams to iPhone and cannot switch back to Watch or AirPods.

rojk2000

Hello, 

im currently facing the same issue as well, im using an Iphone 12 pro and apple watch SE.

i keep trying to download the songs onto my apple watch but all I see is "loading" in the downloads section. 

Ive tried all the steps that were listed and recommended by others but to no avail.

What else can i do?

Neil111

I have the same problems. 1) Downloads indefinite "loading" 2) "connecting" indefinitely when trying to connect to app watch.

What else can be done? I bought the watch to be able to use Spotify at the gym without my phone. 

billybragg1

I download Spotify songs to my Apple Watch using my iPhone and it worked great. Didn’t at the start until I fixed the problem but since then, it works a treat. A very good feature from Spotify!

aaronkalb1

iPhone 12 on iOS 15.1

Apple Watch Series 7 [GPS] on watchOS 8.1

Tried every tip on the internet... no luck. Un-installed, re-installed apps on both devices, reset network settings and even set up the watch as a brand new device. Downloads are still stuck "Loading..." for days.

Davebass5

Did you log out before deleting the app off the phone? Doing this was the only thing i found that worked for me and my GF. Log out, uninstall, reboot both devices, and then re install. Ive done it on 3 watches now and its worked each time. 

framedbyaustin

It looks like it's been a little while since a recent comment on here, but it's 11/15/2021 and I'm still experiencing these issues. I have followed the instructions such as deleting the Spotify app from my Apple Watch Series 7 on OS 8.1 and my iPhone 12 Pro Max on 15.1. I also tried unpairing it and repairing, I also tried it and set up a new watch for my girlfriend on her iPhone and that failed as well. I also tried some suggestions I found online about disabling Bluetooth to ensure it's using the WiFi, nothing works.

We aren't even getting stuck at the 1st song, we're both stuck in an infinite "Loading..." page. It doesn't matter how many songs are in the playlist, I tried creating a new playlist with 1 song in it. It will endlessly just say it's loading.

This issue is still currently unresolved. Really wish it'd get fixed soon. I really dislike running with my phone in my hand and would love to be able to listen to music pairing Bluetooth directly to my watch. I'll unfortunately have to move on over to Apple Music soon if this continues to be unresolved by the end of the year.

gatoisf

I have solved it thanks to @Davebass5 

I followed this steps:

- Log out from Spotify on my iPhone 13 Pro

- Go to settings - General - storage and delete and remove Spotify

- Restart iphone

- Restart watch 6

- Install again

6ixgun

"I have solved it thanks to @Davebass5 

I followed this steps:

- Log out from Spotify on my iPhone 13 Pro

- Go to settings - General - storage and delete and remove Spotify

- Restart iphone

- Restart watch 6

- Install again" 

Yep - that works - until it doesn't and you have to do the same thing all over again.    Their app is terrible.   I went back to Apple Music - not paying for something that does not work + limits playlists to 50 songs.   Until Spotify actually LISTENS to its customers,  I'm gone.  

Alex327

Me 2. Same issue. Tried all the troubleshooting tips, and doesnt seem to work. Fresh install of brand new apple watch series 7. tried deleting both watch app and phone app.