Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
jlb522
I Uninstaller the app and it fixed the issue. All good now.
Vico21

@Ver 
I've tried everything. Still not working. Uninstalled the app on both devices, and reinstalled them again a dozen times. Reseted my watch to factory settings.
I'm using the latest version I can get (8.6.84) on an iPhone 13 and an Apple Watch Series 7.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to debug it or if you need more information. I have developer knowledge so I might help you 🤗

But please don't leave us alone.

baiweimin

My Apple watch series 7 GPS version does not play a downloaded playlist. I have premium family plan. The playlist is shown downloaded on my Apple Watch. When I try to play the playlist offline without internet, it does not play. The storage of Spotify data and document is only 32KB used. I am wondering if the playlist has been downloaded or not. 

It used to be working with my iPhone 8 but it is not working with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. 

Davebass5

No, thats not right. The storage should be a lot more than that. 

Ive had a few albums that are downloaded but just wont play. Best thing to do is delete off the watch and try again. 

alexm00dy

I've got the same problem here:

My Apple Watch won't start downloading ANY Spotify playlist. The download section (watch) keeps showing "Loading...".

I've tried almost every solution given by this thread.

- iPhone 7, Ver. 15.2

- Apple Watch SE, Ver. 8.3

I really want to listen to music without my phone...

Thanks for any advice!

Edit: It somehow started working. I guess one of the solutions worked.

Pindy

Connecting both iPhone and apple watch to charger, having them next to each other and having Spotify open on both devices sometimes works for me. However, for a brand as big as Spotify working with a device as common as the Apple Watch, you would really expect better....

Deejaycrox

Well, no amount of fiddling could persuade my Apple Watch today to play anything, despite it working for months (and indeed working at the weekend).  I am so sick of this.  I am going to have to learn how Apple Music works aren’t i?  Spotify - you have had well over a year to make this feature work properly, with feedback from me and countless other users on this thread.  This isn’t acceptable from a company who I pay a handsome annual fee for my music.

DIAMONDO98

Hello one and all!

The solution that worked for me was:

I reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone, set a playlist to download on my Apple Watch i checked to see if anything has downloaded for the first 10 mins nothing, tried on a charger and all the suggestions from above, but i read somewhere else to turn off Bluetooth on my iPhone & making sure my watch was connected to WiFi then close and reopen the spotify app on my watch and my gosh the downloads are so fast now! I am just going to turn bluetooth off when i need to download more playlists to my Apple Watch.

I used to have downloads working before with Bluetooth on and they were very slow, but now the speed is unreal.

Cheers,

Josh

Deejaycrox

The trouble I had is that downloaded tracks simply refused to play. Point blank. 

I have a six month trial of Apple Music. It was easy to switch and transfer my playlists, it’s worked perfectly first time and my watch has synched with the playlists I want straight away without any fuss whatsoever. 

Millionsknives

Still having this problem on the most up-to-date iOS and Spotify versions. 

Edit: After posting this I saw DIAMONDO98's post above that suggested tuning off bluetooth on my phone, then closing and reopening the Spotify app on my watch — that worked and they've now synced.