Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
Drafnarson

It is beyond crazy that a company like Spotify have not fixed this bug yet now months later. 

Have tried all tricks on those 24 pages and still nothing. 

Only soulution is cancel subscription and move to Apple Music. 

Davebass5

Ive written a few times on how i got it working. Now i get nothing. Spotify on phone has the option to remove from watch, but watch has nothing to remove. Not even a stuck download. This is since the last Spotify update, you know, the one where they say ‘fixed issues and stability’ lol. 

Considering i had ti working fine, and have not doesnt any OS updates since, i cant see why it now doesn't work at all,

TakeRicola

Hi, 

I still can't get this work. I've updated everything and here are the latest details:

I've deleted the apps,  tried every possible combination of having the phone on and off, only using WIFI, selecting a different WIFI (I've tried four different Wifi's in two different countries) . I also re-paired the phone with my watch once again this morning. 

Plan: Premium (family)

Phone: iPhone XR (iOS 15.2)

Apple Watch Series 6, wachOS 8.3 (19S55)  Model: MG133KS/A

Spotify Version:  8.6.94.351

Even getting spotify to stream music via the watch works so-so, it took a number of tries and restarts to sort it out, at first it refused to play more than a few seconds via the headphone (whereas other apps such as the podcast app instantly work just fine).

PLEASE HELP!!! What more can I try?

TakeRicola

To spotify staff: are you able to re-create this problem? Is there any additional data that we could provide to iron out this bug? Anything else I could try?

As I've stated before, let me drop of my watch at your Stockholm office so that you can investigate it physically. 

amosisreal

I still have this problem.

Jldouble

Just turn off Bluetooth in you phone’s settings (not control center.) That’s all. 

Davebass5

Lol, thats not ‘all’ all, haven't  you read any of the posts here? 😂

Jldouble
Try it. That’s why I posted it. Found it on Reddit. And that’s “all all” it
took for me.
Davebass5

Its been tried. That’s why I asked if you have read any of this thread. You’re just re posting what’s already been posted here. 
Its been shown that there is no one fix for everyone. 

baptisteArno

I have the same issue, I've literally tried everything with an Apple Watch Series 7...

That's super annoying.