Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
TakeRicola

Could someone from Spotify please give an update on what's going on? Is any one even working on this issue?

I am beginning to fear that we will celebrate a one year anniversary of this thread without a proper solution in place (bar from changing to apple music).

Sad!

bcaffarello

Totally agree. I am surprised at the lack of attention to this issue from Spotify. This feature was so touted by Spotify and it is simply not useable. Anybody out there, Spotify? Any updates would be helpful.

Mburnham

This is still an issue

michał_glinicki

This is still an issue and I tried everything.... 

Honestly, it's ridiculous that the issue hasn't been fixed yet, I've been using Spotify for years now but I'm this close to switching to Apple Music.

Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please share with us if there are any changes after trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Status Update? We'll also need the following:

• models and OS versions of the phone and Apple Watch
  • exact Spotify version
  • your country
  • A video recording or a screenshot of the issue

We'll pass the info on to the right folks.

Thanks!

baptisteArno

Guys, I've just migrated to Deezer and it works great! It's super refreshing 👍

patrikmikeci

The fact that this problem is still not solved is ridiculous. So much money for subscriptions etc., interest and effort on the part of the spotify is zero.

I tried to do everything you recommended, but absolutely nothing has changed.

Spotify version 8.7.4.1352

Apple watchOS 8.4.1

iOS version 15.2.1

Slovakia

parkcityphil

I read all the threads on this subject and would like to say thank you to all who offered advice.

So what I did was placed my watch on its charger and directly onto my iPhone. I then charged my iPhone.

Opened Spotify app on my phone and downloaded a file of music (no more than 27 songs even though some have written 50 is the limit). Once this was completed went and opened ***  and downloaded music to watch.

Back to my watch, opened Spotify app, and could see 7 of 27 songs had downloaded. Took a shower (optional) and came back to my watch to see 20 songs had downloaded. Shaved (optional) and opened watch to see that 27 of 27 songs have now downloaded.  I think this should do it.  Patience is a virtue but I would like to make one comment to the CEO of Apple, Mr. Cook. I am a longtime loyal Apple client with an iPhone, iMac, Macbook Pro, and now iWatch. I have been so for over 15 years. I am sure Spotify is paying Apple a royalty of sorts for its members to play music on Apple products. I will put the blame squarely on Apple for this glitch as i have absolutely no problems downloading and playing music from Apple Music. Grow up and fix the problem.

Rhair

Are there any actual updates on this? I've tried every single thing that everyone has said on all 26 pages. Absolutely nothing has worked.

Model Phone: iPhone 13 Pro

iOS Version: 15.3.1

Apple watchOS 8.4.2

Spotify version 8.7.4.1352

The United States.

I don't understand how it is possible to take a screenshot or a recording of the issue when it is very known of what it is. I've literally been having the same issue for the past month.

jordandunc

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

Device

iphone 12 pro max ios 15.3

apple watch 7 using 8.4.2

My Question or Issue

i am using the latest software on my iPhone and my Apple Watch. I have the latest Spotify app downloaded. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and my watch. I have left the watch on the phone next to each other for 20 minutes. All of this, and I am still unable to see any songs at all on my Apple Watch, there is not even a downloads section in my library on the app. what can i do here? It’s just stuck on loading forever