Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
Davebass5

Yep. I long gave up on this working. So many times id get to the gym (without my phone), only to have connection issues and get nothing playing. 

If my earbuds are working with Apple Music, surely they are connected (and confirmed in settings), and yet Spotify just stays on the connecting screen until i kill the app.

Absolutely pointless feature and obviously not going to be fixed. 

Me8373796

Resolved for me when I removed the “I like” status (heart symbol) from the first song (on my phone) for the playlist that’s being downloaded to the watch. 

hiftikha

This is not even the extent of the issue. I have to delete the downloaded playlist and re-download it every other day or so because randomly out of the blue the app on the watch will decide that it cannot play the songs I have downloaded. It's not like it takes 10 seconds to download said playlist, it takes legit hours. 
What kind of a user experience is this optimizing for? It's unbearable and makes me want to delete spotify 

bästica

I've done everything mentioned in this thread and beyond and I still can't get my apple watch to download any playlists. Has spotify managed to figure out what the issue can be yet? I'm now stuck with a device that I can't use for the only reason I bought it. Can you please let us know why this issue isn't resolved yet. Is anyone working on it? 

bcaffarello

C

muzac613

It's been a year and the issue persists.. Any updates on progress?

xotiz

😞

scramjet-it

Finally I got it!

apple Iphone 12 mini, IOS 15.5

apple watch 4, watchOS 8.6

Spotify APP 8.7.44.1663

Connections: both iphone and watch connected to home wifi, bluetooth on and watch at wirst.

Procedure: downloaded compilation on iphone (both dowload and heart icon highlighted), select send to watch...nothing happen, with compilation on watch screen without songs inside.

Well, on iphone, go to downloaded compilation and deselect the hearth and that's it! the download on watch starts immediatly and fast (37 songs in less than 2 minutes). Does not make sense, but it works!

Sorry for my english, I hope this will help someone.

OscarDC

Hey folks,

Thank you for your comments and patience.

The right teams are looking into this, but we can't commit to a specific timeline for this to be fixed.

We'd recommend keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss out on any developments.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

kovacsdani8

Hi guys!
My solution is: clear install spotify on apple watch and Iphone too then turn off your mobile phone and turn on.
Start a download to your apple watch.
These steps are solved my problem after a half year. 😅