Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
onemoreguineapig

same recurring issue on my end with all the trouble shooting solutions quite frankly being nothing more than a waste of time. 

But there is progress. meanwhile the dowloading process doesn't remain in limbo anymore. Eventually the Spotify app states "download failed"

msiegi

Having exactly the same issues and have tried all of the above mentioned trouble shooting options. None help. I bought the watch so I can listen to offline music without my phone...and this function doesn't seem to work. A disaster. 

EricaGibson

I found a fix! I tried playing the album/playlist from my phone first like everyone mentioned, initiated from the phone app.  That didn’t do anything, so then I selected the audio source to play from Apple Watch instead of iPhone via my watch Spotify app and as soon as I did that, the downloads started progressing. Maybe this will help someone else? 

91C72C8B-D8E6-4C44-B87D-C84B913C1E18.jpeg

542CAF6A-3414-40FF-BE8E-CF794B8F66A1.jpeg

AlPonrock

Thanks @EricaGibson that worked for me!

User147

I've had this issue for some time (never really start downloading, staying stuck on x of y, never finishing etc..).

What worked for me is after starting a download to Apple Watch on the iPhone either completely shutting down the iPhone or putting it in airplane mode and disable bluetooth completely, after that the download starts of and finishes fine. 

Somehow communication between phone and watch sometimes deems to disturb the download (watch downloads through the phone connection?), by taking out the phone the watch is forced to download by itself through wifi.

Htessm

Hi everyone! I found a solution that worked for me. I simply switched to another account within my family account. Worked just as well after created a new account (again, within the family account)

Jonspittle

Thanks @User147 @I’ve been having this issue for a few weeks now, I’ve already tried the steps listed at the start, just tried putting my phone and Apple Watch in Airplane mode and disconnected the Bluetooth and then back on; now it’s working!

bokajj

I have found a simple solution, 100% guaranteed to work:

• Subscribe to Apple Music
  • Download SongShift, transfer all playlists from Spotify to AM
  • Unsubscribe from, and delete, Spotify
  • Click the download button in AM, that magically just works

You’re welcome, no more headache.

blasigarcía

I have the same problem, I have tried everything and nothing is working… I am thinking to finish with Spotify and go with Apple Music… I can’t understand how Spotify doesn’t help with this issue. 

bcaffarello

Yep. I don’t know either. I started this topic months ago and it is obviously an issue many users have that still does not have a true solution. The answer from Spotify can’t be “to keep your watch close to your phone.” @user-removed can we please have a real solution or can you just be honest and pull this feature because it doesn’t work. This would at least save people from frustration.