Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
Ciclana
No. It has not worked for me. Honestly, we are considering switching to Apple Music just because of this feature not working. I do not want to have to bring my phone for every run, every day.
Joe418

Have you tried this in this exact order ?

• Remove app from watch.
  • Restart phone and watch.
  • Reinstall the app on the watch.
  • Unpair - keep cellular subscription
  • Pair the watch with your phone - use watch backup to restore.
  • Start playback of the playlist and then start downloading it using download to watch.

You may want to start with a custom playlist you can create called  WATCH and add 3 songs to it then playback and download to watch.

If that works, work your way up to playlist with more songs.

This really worked for me but I had to do it a couple times before I got it right. 

Joe418
see my post above
CMacUF
This does not solve it for me 😞

Still stuck at 1 of 46
Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

If you're still experiencing issues after trying the previous suggestions, keep in mind that we can forward this to the teams in charge. 

We just need you to provide the info requested in this post so that we can report this correctly. 

We'll be on the lookout.

worace

I tried the "send to apple watch then put iphone in airplane mode" solution posted in the other thread (https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Apple-watch-stuck-at-downloading-1-of-x/m-p/5232896...) but it did not fix the issue for me.

I guess the next thing would be to try one of the variations also posted in that thread around completely removing the watch app and un-pairing the watch + phone. But this kind of debugging is pretty tedious, and some of the solutions posted seem pretty far-fetched.

For example something like this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Apple-watch-stuck-at-downloading-1-of-x/m-p/5234472...

How can that kind of effort possibly be required to make this feature work?

Joe418

it is still working for me mate. Got streaming as well. Just got back from a run did both playback (streaming and downloaded) and it is great. 

I would be curious to know how much of this is caused by apple vs spotify….

Jeremy

Hi there @worace,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

After you've performed a clean reinstall, can you re-pair the watch with your phone and then start playback of the playlist you want to download and then start downloading it so see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

RvLx
solved my problem, thnx
jaytee3330
Didn’t work for me.