Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
Joe418

mine does not want to play from the watch. 

Mot does not connect. The watch logo is white and keeps flashing. 

Joe418

No changes. Does not download pass 1 of… and stream mode does not work for me either. white watch logo keeps flashing trying to connect. 

Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Could you try the following steps to see if anything changes:

• Restart the devices.
  • Reinstall the app on the watch.
  • Re-pair the watch with your phone.
  • Start playback of the playlist and then start downloading it.
  • Ensure you're on a stable WiFi connection. You can also try with another WiFi to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Bizzard
There is no updates..
Just not impressed by spotify blaiming network connections, battery charge, bad pairing to watch etc.. Of all the people that complained..
Horrible customer service..
TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SITUATION.. ITS CUSTOMER SERVICE 101…
alexmichie
It just seems like the feature is completely broken. Finally it now says all my songs in a playlist have downloaded onto watch but then they won't play? The Spotify app on my watch just doesn't respond and won't play any music to my AirPods independently.

Has a bug been raised to look in this? I'm happy to chat to someone directly to help diagnose the problem.
Novy

Hey folks!

Thanks for your messages.

We can report this to the teams in charge. In order to do this, could you let us know if you've tried any of the previous suggestions?

It would also be helpful if you could provide the following info if you haven't already:

• The exact OS/firmware version and the Spotify version you're currently running on your phone and your watch.
  • Some pictures where we can see how the issue looks from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies 🙂

AgentMax

Worked for me after force quitting the app on the watch. 

When app is open, hold side button until the 3 sliders appear. 

Hold Digital Crown until the app is closed. 

Restart the app.

alexmichie
Managed to fix it by uninstalling the Spotify app on my watch, resetting my watch then reinstalling.
CarlosE

Hey @AgentMax and @alexmichie,

Thanks for your replies.

We're glad to know that it was sorted out and appreciate you sharing what worked for you, as it may be helpful for other users as well.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

Mamitasu
I turned on airplane mode and allow my apple watch to connect to wifi only.
Then only it starts to download; if it is connected to my phone, it will never start the download and stuck at 1 of x forever.

Appreciate Spotify could do more extensive testing before releasing to the public