Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downtime 29.9.22: New podcast episodes not playing

Hey folks,

We're receiving multiple reports that some new podcasts are not playable in our app, both on the mobile version and the desktop version. 

Hey there folks,

We have received new reports that New Podcasts episodes are not playing on Desktop and Mobile and we've created new thread regarding this!

We'll keep you posted in there as soon as we have more information.

While this is being investigated, if you're experiencing it - check out the status message there and leave your relevant feedback.

In addition, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the aforementioned thread to be notified of any new updates!

Thank you for your patience!

Comments
Kiril
Status changed to: Under investigation

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks!

Johnnyboy33

My podcast Brin d'jasette Podcast latest episode Jasons entre cons - Épisode #31 is also not playing this morning ... please keep me in the loop!

despinoUY

Some of the latest episodes of Coqueto Escenario aren't playable in both desktop and mobile apps but they are in the web one. https://open.spotify.com/show/3RY42PichUh8GrCTMa5Kbc?si=9d0e65a92bb1481d

elguardduck

Uploaded a new episode of our podcast, Crabcakes and Football, last night via Anchor.  It appears as a new episode in spotify but when it selected it does not play... kinda pops up for a split second and then nothing

MediatecaAAMR

Hi,

Our new episode uploaded last night is having the same issue.

URI:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/4XgmLLvbY1n7F56msKzqRx?si=4f983fdb6a1b495d

- Desktop App on windows - Not playing
- Direct link on windows browser- Plays fine

- Spotify App on Android - Not playing
- Spotify Lite App on Android - Not playing
- Direct link on Android Firefox browser- Plays fine

- Spotify App on iphone - Not playing
- Spotify App on iPad - Not playing

This was all tested using several PCs, several phones, different ISPs and 4g providers.

Cache clearing did not help either.

Edit: some details I could add:
- Windows Desktop app v.1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe
- Xiaomi Poco X4, Android 11, Spotify Lite v 1.9.0.16672

On the desktop app a message appears briefly with the following notice :

error-001-clip.png

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks.

Gabbo13
  1. I haven't played a single podcast episode on my phone (Nokia 5.4) but not on the web browser (Mac OSX El Capitan) because of this issue. The other podcasts plays as usual.
Lyubka
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

We have received new reports that New Podcasts episodes are not playing on Desktop and Mobile and we've created new thread regarding this!

We'll keep you posted in there as soon as we have more information.

While this is being investigated, if you're experiencing it - check out the status message there and leave your relevant feedback.

In addition, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the aforementioned thread to be notified of any new updates!

Thank you for your patience!

kmintz311
  • Hello!

My app will not show new episodes in the “what’s new” area, and any new episode (when viewed in their own feed) will not play. You hit the play button and nothing happens. 
I’m able to play the new episodes in the web player only.

Spotify version 8.7.68.568

using iOS - updated to 16 this morning 

thank you!

Karly

ps - as of 11:08 am EST, this is still not resolved. Also, the new episodes are not anything I’m uploading. I’m just referring to new episodes of podcasts I follow. 

Account country South Korea, account device iPhone, 12 promax iOS 16 

I have latest version of Spotify app 8.7.68 . still, I cannot listen to any podcasts not only I cannot listen, but also it does not appearing on my search list . Even when I’m going, throwing links to listen a podcast on Spotify , it is not appearing on my account . 

MediatecaAAMR

Hi,

Sorry, but I dont´see it as resolved.

Our issues persists, desktop App player and "standard" Spotify App are not showing any available updates. Spotify Lite did show an update but the episode is not playing yet.

So there hasn´t been any improvement at our end.

Thank you.
(I posted earlier the relevant details)