Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downtime August 4 2023: Issues with multiple Spotify services

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports of issues with multiple Spotify services -

This is currently being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Sagebrushfire

Search not working at all on iOS even after clean reinstall. Thought I was going crazy when it couldn’t find a song I was literally listening too but I knew it was a bug when I typed “taylor swift” and Spotify said it couldn’t find anything. 

ALSO a lot of the “for you” and genre buttons don’t actually work and just draw up a blank screen. So I can listen to anything I’ve already liked/downloaded but I can’t discover anything new. 

RiSiNGTiD3

Seach isn't working for me for most artists. Big artists and recent searches are working. 

magomez13

Its working now for me! what happened?

nikogkotsis

I have been having issues with "Explore" tab. it gives me no results no matter what I search.
iOS iPhone 12 mini

davlist

1) On newer versions, Spotify app/web-player no longer has a smooth song scrubber bar and now it just moves only (i think) every 1 second, which makes scrubbing through (and specifying time on) songs much more difficult when playing them.

2) Every album/single image cover that are supposed to be square (and similar shape) are now just turned into "squircles" or rounded squares. I think it really makes many covers look bad and doesn't allow people to see these covers as intended by original artists. I don't think that there are any good excuses for keeping this style except for making Spotify look identical to "TikTok" app that I'm pretty sure no one uses to discover more music on except for those trendy songs (even when Spotify has it's own playlist based off of TikTok songs.) Now i'm just stuck on using "Obliterate Curves" on web version and older version of the app that still has square cover art (and where I can still scrub through songs smoothly, which relates to the issue 1)). Having an option to remove or add rounded edges would be nice.

3) I tried to log back in on my premium Spotify account (on web player) and was annoyed to see the message that "We care about your privacy" while I get no option to turn off all cookies and manage consent on them. I underdstand the need of them, but if I'm a premium subscriber, I should have every right to turn off all trackers and "cookies", especially if you "care about" my "privacy" but don't allow me to turn them off. From now on, I'm not going to use the web-player version of Spotify unless I'm allowed to turn off all (or enable some) trackers and "cookies".

AlejaR
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!