Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downtime November 18th: Spotify app crashing on iOS

Hey folks, 

We've received some contacts from users who are having issues with the app crashing. This seems to be happening on iOS devices at the moment. 

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure to reinstall the app on your device by following these steps.

If you're still having trouble after reinstalling, we'd suggest waiting a few hours before trying again.

Thanks!

Comments
kappe9107

After a clean install it seems to work again (Iphone 7)
I am playing music with a bluetooth device and at the same time syncing high quality offline playlists and there is no overheating/pausing issues anymore.

mcbrutos

Was having this issue but fixed by deleting app and reinstalling. Hopefully that works for others!

csabalandi

Just done a clean reinstall and nothing changed

iphone 11

ios 15.1

spotify 8.6.80.1180

App always crashes in background after 60 seconds. Cannot leave the Spotify app or put the phone in sleep mode for a minute or more. When opening spotify after a crash it’s at the beginning of the song.

also tried every other possible solution that could be found here

Auvarenko

Don’t even bother reinstalling, doesn’t fix the issue. Spotify better release an update soon, otherwise they’ll lose a lot of customers.

Anfi10

Deleted app then reinstalled and working fine now

linna_225

Crashing on only my iPhone X IOS 15.1 with Spotify version 8.6.80. I've been experiencing this issue since this morning.

sandrabueno

I am still encountering issues XR iOS 14.8.1.  @Novy this is the 2nd time this has happened to my account.  A monetary compensation should be applied.

Clean reinstall did not solve the problem.

Iphone 8 iOS 14.8

Spotify version 8.6.80.1180

Gsbond2

For those having issues with the reinstall, delete app, shut phone off for 3 minutes, restart phone up and download again. I’m now working with no issues. iOS 15.0.2 on iPhone 11

travis2118

uninstalled and reinstalled earlier and didnt fix. did it again and it did fix.