Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Drag and drop doesn't scroll the screen upwards

Hey there,

We've received reports about the drag and drop feature not scrolling the screen once the dragged track reaches the upper border of the screen.

If you experience this issue, leave your vote in the thread, so we can get an overview of its impact.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
tritonpanda

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When moving music in the playlist you drag the music to wherever you want it to go in the playlist (usually up, or down) dragging music up towards the top of the playlist doesn't work, instead I have to move up 6 at a time by dragging and dropping then scrolling up and repeat, had this problem 3 months ago, but was fixed till today July 14th 2022, now I can no longer drag music.

Jeremy

Hi there @tritonpanda,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community 🙂 Let's take a closer look into this,

To start with, can you let us know if this occurs within a specific playlist or if it's effecting all of your playlists?

It would also be great if you have the opportunity to try from a different device to see if the issue persists.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Take care!

NeonJigglypuff

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

The same thing is happening to me! I can't drag any of my tracks upward on any playlist or device! it seems to scroll downward still, but upward is a no-go. 

OscarDC

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate the time you're taking in making a report about this issue. To keep investigating, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device (in case you haven't yet), along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

tritonpanda

Sure!... This problem occurs within all playlists I can edit, while the only device I have to drag music would be my computer because my phone uses a different method of moving music, and the one other comment on here describes being able to drag music down towards the bottom of the playlist, which I can do (slowly) but I can do it, but trying but still trying to drag the music up will not work still as of now.

tritonpanda

My current version is running on what I believe is the newest version (Spotify for Windows
1.1.90.859.gf1bb1e36) please let me know if this is the version code you needed.!

CircularLogic

I'm experiencing the same issue! This is not carrying over to mobile, so if you need to sort a playlist, the mobile app can be a good substitute until this is fixed. 

Dian

Hey there,

Thanks for all the replies.

We've relayed the information from this thread to the tech team and they're currently investigating the reasons for this behavior. Could you also share the desktop app version you're using?

As we can't commit to an exact timeframe of a fix, we advise you to keep your app constantly updated.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Dian
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there,

Thanks for all the replies!

Our tech team is currently investigating the reasons for this behavior. 

In the meantime you can place the cursor on these spots to scroll the screen upwards while reordering your playlists (placing the cursor on one of the arrows or the username/display name bar):

Capture.JPG

As we're unable to provide an exact timeframe for a fix, we advise you to keep your app constantly up to date.

Cheers!

pkharm

Same problem- Windows 10 Pro, Spotify for Windows
1.1.90.859.gf1bb1e36

Thanks for the screenshot showing that hovering over the arrows will replicate the behavior. That works well ty!