Announcements

Dragging folder bug on MacOS

When using the MacOS client (1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc), dragging a playlist folder from to the very bottom of the leftnav causes the folder to not move, and disables the ability to drag other folders and playlists until the client is restarted.

Hey there!

We've let our tech team know about this, and they're still investigating.
We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

We're going to close this one up now, but we'll be sure to post here if we have any new info.

Thanks,

/M

Comments
MonicaM_Bogota
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi, @NickTaken!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Could you let us know what operating system version you're using on your device? Also, can you try the steps here for us? They should help with this.

Let us know how it goes. 

NickTaken

I'm using MacOSX High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102)

NickTaken

Re-installing Spottify allowed me to drag a playlist to the bottom position once, after that one time, I was unable to drag a playlist to the bottom position (even after restarts).

NickTaken

See the attached GIF.ProblemExample.gif

Alfredo

Hey @NickTaken!

Thanks for getting back to us.

Let's try using a different Spotify account on the same device to see if it behaves the same. Also, do you have access to a different Mac you could use with your account?

Keep us posted.

NickTaken
I’ve tested on a different Mac (version 10.13.2 (17C205)). This was a totally new install. I experienced the same issue. I don’t have another Spotify account to test on, but I think it would be pretty odd if it was account-specific.
MaríaCamila

Thanks for the info @NickTaken!

It would be super helpful if you could give it a try from a different account. You can use a friend's account, just to test it out.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

NickTaken1

I created a new account to try this out with about 10 empty playlists and 2 empty folders. I was able to reproduce the issue, however not regularly. Sometimes drag folders would work fine, other times I would drag a folder (not neccisarraly to the bottom) and that would cause dragging and dropping to disable. I encountered the issue maybe 1 in 15 times I would drag/drop. It only happens when moving folders though. Also, I had one folder specifically called "Playlists" in both accounts. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Note that I can still reliably reproduce the issue on my main account by dragging a folder to the bottom.

I used the fake account "*snip*" if you want to mess around with it.

Alfredo
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey @NickTaken!

Thanks for bearing with us.

We've gathered all the info you sent and reported this to the right team. Any updates will be posted here.

Stay tuned.

Jack

Hi again @NickTaken,

We appreciate your patience whilst the right teams look at this. 

You mentioned this happening on two Apple desktop devices. Could you give us the exact models of those devices? We've got the software versions, but we'd also like to know which Apple devices they are specifically.

Thanks!