My Question or Issue
Issue: When using Ctrl+A in the queue page while using the Spotify desktop program, version 18.104.22.1689.g8502297d , a duplicate song is selected for each song in the queue list.
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new playlist
3. Listen to a song, album or playlist to generate a song queue
4. Click on the "Queue" to got to the song queue page
5. Click Ctrl+A to "Select all" songs in the queue
6. Click Ctrl+C to copy the selected songs
7. Go to the playlist created in 1.
8. Click Ctrl+V to paste the songs
9. Observe that all the songs from the playlist are duplicated in the playlist.
The songs are not duplicated if the following steps are followed:
5. Click first song in the queue to select it
6. Scroll down to the song in the bottom of the queue and shift+click it
9. Observe that the selected songs are not duplicated.
(Slight edits by a Rock Star)
Thank you for reporting this issue to us.
We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.
We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.
Hey there @Arikabeth,
Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the Spotify Community! I've moved your thread over to the Ongoing Issues section of the Community, where others can vote on this Issue to let Spotify know how many people are having this issue.
If you haven't already, let's check if any of the following steps help:
If you're still having issues, please post that you've tried these steps as well as the version of Spotify you're rocking, your device, and operating system.
I tried to duplicate the bug after each of the step.
- Doing a full restart of the client
- Doing a clean reinstall of Spotify
- Logging out then back into Spotify
- Installing Spotify through the Microsoft Store
The duplication when using "select all" and copy/pasting from the queue page occured after every step. Spotify was updates since last time I tested, this time the version was 22.214.171.1243.g9f48828e (Windows Store version), still on Windows 10 (Home, 64 bits 10.0 , Build 17763).
Edit: The device used was an Acer laptop (I hope that is sufficient information about the device used).
Hey there folks,
We really appreciate bringing this to our attention!
If you're experiencing the issue described above, please make sure to add your +VOTE here.
We'll also need the following details so we can get this reported to the right teams:
@Katerina wrote:Hey there folks, We really appreciate bringing this to our attention! If you're experiencing the issue described above, please make sure to add your +VOTE here. We'll also need the following details so we can get this reported to the right teams:The device this is happening on and its OS versionThe version of the Spotify app you're usingThanks!
Did you need any additional information from my case? The device was an acer laptop with Windows 10 (Home, 64 bits 10.0 , Build 17763), and the version of the spotify app was 126.96.36.1993.g9f48828e (Windows Store version) when I last tested it.
Thanks for providing us with that info.
Could you let us know if you're still experiencing the issue after updating to the latest version of the Spotify app?
Keep us posted :)
I just tested the following
1. Go to a queue
2. Use Ctrl+A to select all
3. Use Ctrl+C to copy the songs in the queue
4. Go to a playlist
5. Use Ctrl+V to paste the songs
6. The songs still got duplicated, as before.
The test was done on a windows 10. 64 bit version, build 18362. The spotify version was 188.8.131.525.g566c8beb (same settings as before, though I guess that doesn't say anything about which A/B features that has been rolled out to me...).
Edit: typo added copying step since I forgot to add that I copied.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.