Duplicate songs in Spotify's database (same album duplicates)

This is a problem I have noticed for over a year now and I would like to know more about it and if there are plans to address it.

The issue is that there are songs that appear multiple times in the Spotify database. I understand this is by design in some instances (i.e. singles, albums, compilations, etc.), but I'm talking about entire albums that are in the database twice, where one version seems to be unlisted but still appears in daily mixes or in an artists' top songs section. This results in the song appearing in a daily mix that I know I have added to my library, yet it appears that I don't have it added. If I do add it, I end up with 2 versions of the song in my library.

I'm not sure if the content added to an artist's page is controlled by the artists themselves or by Spotify, but this has been a mildly infuriating issue that has likely been around before I ever started using Spotify. I'd love to see this redundancy be dealt with if at all possible. I know this is likely a complex issue, and it may have been brought up before, but I could not find any discussion about it, so I felt like making sure it's not just me.

This issue is not platform specific. I have a video to show you an example of this issue and I have plenty more examples I can show you if you would like more.

https://youtu.be/Xe4bOiYnxbQ

Hey @piperviper!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sometimes multiple versions of the same album or song are added by the artist or rights owner. We don't have direct control on the content and versions that are uploaded, but we'll pass your feedback on to the right folks.

Don't hesitate to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Comments
Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @piperviper!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sometimes multiple versions of the same album or song are added by the artist or rights owner. We don't have direct control on the content and versions that are uploaded, but we'll pass your feedback on to the right folks.

Don't hesitate to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

Related Issues