Duplicate songs when shuffling artist

I am seeing a number of songs appear twice in the playback queue when shuffling artists. Here is an example of what I see when pressing the "Shuffle Play" button on the artist page for the band DeVotchKa. I shuffled this artist several times and this happened each time. I checked their discography in the Spotify desktop app to make sure there are no duplicate versions of their albums that would account for the duplicate songs, but there are not.

IMG_0550.PNGIMG_0551.PNG

Hey @the_ape_of_god!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

When you shuffle play an artist, all the albums, other available versions of them, and the Popular songs selection, are included in the queue. This is why you see the duplicate songs.

In this case, you can remove the duplicates, make a playlist, or start an artist radio to avoid this.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Cheers.

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @the_ape_of_god!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

When you shuffle play an artist, all the albums, other available versions of them, and the Popular songs selection, are included in the queue. This is why you see the duplicate songs.

In this case, you can remove the duplicates, make a playlist, or start an artist radio to avoid this.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Cheers.