Echo Dot cuts out several seconds from end and beginning of songs when playing a playlist

I'm having the same issue as this person: https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/comments/49dogd/playing_from_spotify_songs_cut_off/

It's extremely annoying.  I checked my crossfade settings and they're turned off.  Echo dot it 10 feet away from a really nice AT&T router in a wide open space, so I doubt it's that.

Comments
Alejandro_C
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @jeffxpx, welcome to the Community!

We'd recommend following these troubleshooting steps:

1. Reinstall Spotify on your device. 
    Note: Be sure to restart your device after doing this.
  2. If you’re still having an issue, try logging into Spotify using a different internet connection if possible.
  3. If the problem persists, ask a friend or family member to sign into their Spotify account on your device. If the issue still occurs, you may need to perform troubleshooting on the device itself and reach out to the device manufacturer.

These steps should get you back to your tunes!

jeffxpx

@Alejandro_C and how exactly does one reinstall Spotify on an Echo Dot?  

It's just the Echo Dot and it only happens sporadically.  It was happening yesterday but isn't happening today.

Alejandro_C

Thanks for replying!

Sorry for the confusion. The reinstallation option is only to be used if you're using your Echo Dot device through Spotify Connect with a different device. It's nice to hear you're not experiencing the issue anymore, but if it happens again, we'd recommend the following:

1. Try unplugging the Echo, waiting a full minute, then plugging it back in.

2. Look for sources of WiFi interference. Certain kinds of wireless devices running on certain bandwidths can cause WiFi interference and even temporary dropouts.

3. Look for sources of high demand on your local WiFi network. Your available bandwidth is limited, and if others in your household are already taxing your WiFi network with tasks like real-time online gaming (e.g., MMORPG games), streaming video, uploading or downloading large files, resources available to your Echo and other network devices can plummet.

4. Check your router and overall signal strength.

5. Verify the source of the audio isn’t the problem.

Alejandro_C
Status changed to: Fixed