Endless radio stops after the same songs

Certain radio stations stop playing after a fixed set of songs.

1. Create song radio station for spotify:track:3le1OYKtMRZkd9fI5ti0mc

2. Follow station

3. Station stops after fixed set of songs

Have tried recreating station with same result.

Both desktop (iMac OSX 10.13) and mobile (iOS 10.3).

Premium Account

Desktop: 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc

Sounds a lot like this issue from over a year ago: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Radio-only-plays-15-Songs/idi-p/1401536

Hey @user-removed!

Sorry to hear you've cancelled your subscription.

We'll pass your feedback on to the right team about the Radio. However, depending on the popularity and related artists of the track you choose to create the radio with, some stations will be limited.

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

All the best.

0 Likes
Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Still happening.

Me110tron
Casual Listener

Same problem here.  Windows 10 App.  Made a radio station, songs stop at the bottom.  Does not continue to build new songs anymore.  No more scroll bar to force it to show you a new set of songs..  Happened after recent update.

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks!

Could you send us your devices' make and model, OS, and Spotify version numbers? Also, is this only happening with a radio of this song or any radio stations you create?

In the meantime, does logging out and back in help at all?

Keep us posted.

Me110tron
Casual Listener
Hi Alfredo,

I have been carefully testing this and have come to the conclusion it was an anomaly for that moment in time. The system appears to be working fine since then.

>From my perspective the issue no longer appears to exist.

Take care
ZullyB
Roadie

That's great to hear @Me110tron

If you still have the same issue @user-removed, let us know and send us the info asked in our last message. We'll be more than happy to help you. 

Keep us posted. 

user-removed
Not applicable

This happens constantly and has been a problem for a very long time on both desktop and mobile. It happens across multiple stations but not every single station. Logging out and back in does not affect the behavior. From the original post: This issue happens on both desktop (iMac OSX 10.13) and mobile (iOS 10.3).

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)

OSX 10.13.2

Desktop: 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc

iPhone 5S

iOS 10.3.3

iOS: 8.4.45.564

Since you don't seem to have any idea how to address this long standing problem I'm planning to just cancel my account since I can get a product that actually does what it claims, for free, from many of your competitors.

Julian

Thanks for the info.

Since this seems to be happening with certain Radio stations, we'd like you to try this:

1. Create a new Radio station from the song you reported: spotify:track:3le1OYKtMRZkd9fI5ti0mc
  2. While listening the Radio station, make sure to like and dislike some of the songs in the list. 
  3. Let the list continue playing and let us know if it stops after that set of songs just like before.

Keep in mind that liking or disliking any song from the Radio playlist will help Spotify to add new songs to the list. 

Let us know if that helps.

user-removed
Not applicable

I've already done that several times. I'll just go ahead and cancel.

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @user-removed!

Sorry to hear you've cancelled your subscription.

We'll pass your feedback on to the right team about the Radio. However, depending on the popularity and related artists of the track you choose to create the radio with, some stations will be limited.

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

All the best.

Related Issues