Premium

Country

Czech republic

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

When i Open a Spotify app the equaliser is not active and i have to go to the settings, tap on the equaliser to activate it again. I have this trouble probably for One month?

Some bug i think...

Hey everyone,

This is now fixed. Make sure you're rocking the latest version of the Spotify app.

If this is still an issue for you, please create a thread in the relevant Help Board :) 

Have a nice day!

Comments
Caville
Music Fan

Yep, I'm also having this problem. Every time I open spotify, I need to disable and renable the EQ option for the EQ to take effect. This has been happening since the update a month or so ago. 

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.2 :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Patrik5
Casual Listener

Didnt help :(

Wanttohelp

Equalizer has to be turned off then on again every time you restart the app when you are playing songs from  your saved songs only. Doesn’t need to be turned off/on when playing songs from playlists etc that are not in your library. 

grsrf

Exactly the same problem I'm facing for about a month. Here is what I did:

-Restarted the phone, didn't work.

-Uninstall the spotify app and reinstall it. Didn't work either.

-Finally I tried clean install of ios 12.2 (from itunes) and still it doesn't work.

It's very frustrating for me because one of the reasons I use this app is it's built-in equalizer and it doesn't work properly. 

My current setup:

Spotify premium user, iPhone 8 Plus, ios 12.2, spotify version 8.5.2.666

Patrik5
Casual Listener

Yeah, the same is for me as you described.

Reinstalation also did not helped. 

Really anoying and no support from Spotify developers. 

Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks,

We’re receiving reports that the equalizer is resetting every time you reopen the Spotify app.

If you're experiencing this, make sure to click + VOTE if you haven't already.

Could you also provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version?

Finally, could you give us a bit more info about when this is happening, along with steps to reproduce this? For example @Wanttohelp mentions that this only happens with saved songs.

Once we have that info, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Patrik5
Casual Listener

Hello @Peter , thank you for your reply!

Thats correct, everytime i reopen app its reset.

iPhone 7, iOS 12.2, Spotify latest version. 

It happens with all songs. 

Thanks!

grsrf

Hello @Peter ,

Yeah, like you said every time i open spotify it resets the equalizer. To re-enable it i need to switch equalizer off and on again. The issue is independent from songs and library, it happens with every song in spotify.

Device: iPhone 8 Plus

Spotify version: 8.5.2.666

Plan: Premium

Thanks,

traeboy
Casual Listener

The equalizer won’t start having any effect or start working until I go to the app’s configurations and change something in the equalizer, only then it will start working. This happens every time I restart up the app. 

Note that the equalizer doesn't "reset" with this issue -- meaning all my individual equalizer settings are NOT back their defaults -- but rather the equalizer simply isn't functioning until we adjust at least one of the settings. In my case, I just move my 15Khz setting down, then back up again, and then the equalizer starts working properly. I've attached a screenshot of my settings if that helps.

Also, I've noticed that this bug only started within the last few weeks -- maybe a month at the most. So I suspect it was introduced with a recent version upgrade.

@nachorev