Announcements
We’re experiencing issues with Premium subscriptions and redeeming gift Cards. This is being actively investigated. Subscribe to this thread here for updates.

Error dialog pop-up for users on PC in Taiwan and Hong Kong

[update]

Hi everyone, I've solve this problem after my long research on Internet.

(For Mac, Taiwan user) Please find the following file, and change the name "zh-hant.mo" to "zh-TW.mo" 

截圖 2020-12-28 上午9.18.19.png

I guess it's the same way to solve for PC users and users from other countries or  regions.

Hoping this info could help you!

------------------

Plan

Premium

Country

Taiwan

Device

Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

MacOS 11.1 (Big Sur )

My Question or Issue

Please take a look at the image I attached.

I've checked out most of solutions, and it's really a rare situation.

There's no any error content to identify what the problem is, and all I can do is to clean up & reinstall Spotify App (but still doesn't work).

Since I can still use the open.spotify.com to listen to musics,  I think my account is fine. Does anyone knows what's going on here?

截圖 2020-12-15 上午8.49.59.png

Hey there folks,

Once again thanks for waiting.

We can confirm this should now be fixed!

Make sure your device and operating system are up-to-date before trying again.

If you happen to experience the issue again, write in the Help Boards and let us know the exact Spotify version you are on as well as make and model of the device(s) involved.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

Comments
no0101lilu
Visitor

If you install SPOTIFY from Win 10, you need to find the zh-Hant.mo file and open it with Notepad, then zh-TW.pak will be automatically generated, and then delete zh-Hant.mo and open SPOTIFY to be normal!

Montaha
Casual Listener

Hello,

Using Mac, Taiwan user as well, I cant find the file "zh-hant.mo", so I change the whole system into English and it works.

Xenia
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Our tech teams have done their magic backstage and this should now be fixed.

Could you make sure your device and operating system are up-to-date before you try again and let us know how it goes?

If the issue persists,  it’d be great if you could tell us the exact Spotify version you are currently on as well as make and model of the affected device.

Sujung
Everything is OK!Thanks!
Mario
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

Once again thanks for waiting.

We can confirm this should now be fixed!

Make sure your device and operating system are up-to-date before trying again.

If you happen to experience the issue again, write in the Help Boards and let us know the exact Spotify version you are on as well as make and model of the device(s) involved.